36 Watt Lite

Double-Bubble! Place for discussing the 36W version...

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

pjb
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

36 Watt Lite

Post by pjb »

I am looking for a layout for a 36 watt lite. I just need Volume and Tone... no feedback, no TMB. Pref with a 5AR4 or the like...

Does anyone know of one?

Thank you gentlemen...
-Paul
0 x

dartanion
Extremely Active Poster!
Extremely Active Poster!

Post by dartanion »

Simple enough to follow the LiteIIb schematic, but use 36watt iron and add the extra pair of EL84s to the power section and adjust the Rk. Yes, you also want to use a different rectifier, so wire up an octal socket and use the 5V filament tap on the PT.
0 x

pjb
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by pjb »

dartanion wrote:add the extra pair of EL84s to the power section and adjust the Rk.
Thanks... This is the bit that worries me... I'm not that good yet... how do I add in the extra tubes? Do I just daisy chain them pin for pin off the original two?
-Paul
0 x

coondog
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by coondog »

Check out the 36 watt layout . It's easy as pie .Same power section , different preamp
0 x

coondog
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by coondog »

The 36watt layout is a good reference for hooking up two pairs of el84s , but if space is an issue you can use one 75 ohm (half the value of 18watt) and connect all the cathodes together . The resistor should be at least 10watts though . Same for the 1Kscreen resistors , just up the value to 10 watts .

If you use a GZ34 rectifier you might want to go up a little on the bias resistor value depending on the plate voltage it gives you .

Also for a good 4K OT the W**er 36watt kit uses a Big Bassman/Super/BandMaster type OT that Sounds really good .
0 x

rjgtr
Builder, Admin
Builder, Admin

Post by rjgtr »

If you want a good set of transformers, I'd recommend GDS iron. You know the tone will be right.

I second the recommendation to look at the 36watt output layout. Compare it to the normal Lite IIb output stage and you'll see the differences pretty easily.
0 x