Hall VVR in a 36W?

Double-Bubble! Place for discussing the 36W version...

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

George60

Hall VVR in a 36W?

Post by George60 »

I built a Ceriatone 36W EF86 and I got a Hall VVR for it and I'm not sure how to go about installing it. I was considering mounting the circuit board on the side on the transformer end of the chassis. I could mount the Mosfet and board on the inside of the chassis and then there is room for a heatsink on the outside of the chassis. I was going to scale all of the voltages.

I would have to remotely mount the pot. I was considering eliminating the TMB master volume. I don't use it, it is on 10 all of the time. I'm not sure how to re-wire the amp for no master volume. It looks like I would go from the center lug of the treble pot directly to the PI.

It looks like a problem with the VVR wiring could possibly be the long leads from the VVR pot to the circuit board.

Does this sound like a plan that would work?

A couple of comments on the Ceriatone 36 watter. At first it had a hard metallic chink sound to it but now that it has some hours on it it is developing a very nice chime. I'm using what I'm sure are uncommon settings; bass 2, middle 2, treble 8, master 10, and volume 1. Kind of 1/10 dime, I've pennied it. The amp doesn't have a very nice distorted sound but a lot of that is probably the speakers, I am using two 100w Scumbacks. I am never going to get any cone breakup but I don't care.

Thanks in advanced to anyone who replies to my noob question,
George
0 x