Please summarize changes needed to use 2 x EL34

Double-Bubble! Place for discussing the 36W version...

Moderators: CurtissRobin, colossal, zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon

markk916
Unrated

Please summarize changes needed to use 2 x EL34

Post by markk916 »

Hey Ya'll... thank you for your help in advance... Can anyone please help me identify which changes should be made to accommodate a pair of cathode biased EL34's instead of the Quad of EL84's? I am using a standard set of 36 watt Transformers from Heyboer.. I have read the threads... a lot of info is around... just a lot of confusing bits of information though... so, any helpful point by point suggestions would be super cool...

Zaphod Phil... Anyone... Help please.. :-) Thanks again...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

markk916
Unrated

Re: Please summarize changes needed to use 2 x EL34

Post by markk916 »

Oh,... I should add that I have broken the channels back out to be separate.... Like a standard 18 watt TMB... with no NFB loop/switch... Just in case that matters... Thank you... :-)
0 x

menger
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by menger »

Look over at the weber forum at the phat ass amp there building, it a lite IIb with different powertubes I did a few myself with kk66 el34 6550 just a few resistors in the pi is all mark
0 x

markk916
Unrated

Post by markk916 »

Do you have a link to something that shows those changes... I can't seem to find what you have mentioned... Thank you...
0 x

scottva59

Post by scottva59 »

Here is my post from the "hear it" section, it covers the Phat Ass 16 (6v6) or 26 (EL34) versions. Let us know how it turns out!

Scott

http://www.18watt.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=23052" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
0 x