36w Build Parts Source Question

Double-Bubble! Place for discussing the 36W version...

Moderators: CurtissRobin, colossal, zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon

GlassTornado

36w Build Parts Source Question

Post by GlassTornado »

Hey, hopefully enough of you guys are still out there to maybe help point me in the right direction. I'm starting a new 36 watt build. I'm going to be building a 1973x 2x12 conbo with 4 el84's instead of 2.

In the states:
1. Is there anyone that sells a suitable 36w chassis or even a blank one that would accommodate the tube compliment i'm planning on (gz34/el84 x 4/12ax7 x 3)?

2. Is there anyone that sells a 18 watt brown perforated brown board, or even anyone that builds custom to add the extra turrets needed for the extra grid stoppers?

I haven't built anything in a while, so I'm not really in the loop as far as what's available. help! :D
0 x

JMPGuitars
Super Duper Admin
Super Duper Admin

Re: 36w Build Parts Source Question

Post by JMPGuitars »

Contact GDSAmps.com. He should have most (if not all) of what you need. I'm in the process of building a 36 watt myself, but I'm using a pair of EL34s, same 36 watt transformers you would need though.

The 36 watt transformers fit the same chassis mounting size as the 18 watt transformers, but they're bigger externally.
0 x
'I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious.' - Steven Wright

Modern Ground Schemes
Soldering Technique
B+ Voltage Reduction
Amplifier Tools & Parts Info

Web Design: DolceVittoria.com
Guitars / Amps / Effects: JMPGuitars.com
(anti)Social: Facebook · Instagram
Items for Sale

GlassTornado

Post by GlassTornado »

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I nabbed the last 36w PT from GDS and am about to place an order for my OT for when he re-ups in a couple weeks. I guess I should just grill him about all the stuff that I'm looking for first and then see what shakes out. Makes sense.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions, sir! And hope all goes well on your build.
0 x

crgfrench
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by crgfrench »

Just following up, what chassis have you all been using for the 4xEL84 + 3x12ax7 +1xGZ34 builds? Thanks in advance.
Graydon said he just uses the regular 18W chassis and drills 2 additional socket holes.
Ceriatone seems to be the only provider of suitable prepunched 36W (head style) chassis.
Weber seems to be the only provider of combo style 36W chassis.
Anyone?
0 x