Ceriatone 36W Layout & Schematic

Double-Bubble! Place for discussing the 36W version...

Moderators: CurtissRobin, colossal, zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon

crgfrench
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Ceriatone 36W Layout & Schematic

Post by crgfrench »

I based my Overkill 36 on the Ceriatone 36W circuit; my circuit is in another thread but I thought the good people here might find the original Ceriatone info useful. I'm using their chassis, which is very high quality welded aluminum. Unlike Marshall circuits, the channels don't mix until they get into the PI. One Channel feeds each grid of the LTP. I like the innovative 1/2 power switch, which cuts off the outer pair of EL84s. Ceriatone does not provide schematics, just layouts. Here is the Ceriatone Layout and a Schematic I drew up based on the Layout.
Ceriatone 36W Layout.png
Ceriatone35WattSchematicAnnotated.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

crgfrench
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Re: Ceriatone 36W Layout & Schematic

Post by crgfrench »

Quick (BUT IMPORTANT) note: The Ceriatone layout I posted above has been around for a decade and until now it was the latest version available from them. HOWEVER if you use their chassis and front panel, the current front panels have a different control sequence than is shown in that layout.

The "Revised 25 January 2010" 36 Watt Layout, left to right goes:
Power
Standby
Indicator
Bass
Middle
Treble
[Master]
Volume
(Inputs)
Tone
Volume
(Inputs)

However, the current front panels have a different label sequence, with the MV moved before the tone stack, as follows:
Power
Standby
Indicator
[Master]
Bass
Middle
Treble
Volume
(Inputs)
Tone
Volume
(Inputs)

Nik is probably going to update the layout revision to reflect current preferences and to match the panels, I discussed this with him last night.

So I did a little surgery on my build today, went just fine.
before.jpg
during.jpg
after.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x