Another Reverb Question

Double-Bubble! Place for discussing the 36W version...

Moderators: CurtissRobin, colossal, zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon

TriodeLuvr
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Another Reverb Question

Post by TriodeLuvr »

Is it usual practice to use phono jacks on the chassis for the shielded cables that connect to the reverb tank? Would it be considered bad practice to hard wire the cables at the chassis end? I don't have any insulated jacks on hand, and I'm concerned about creating a ground loop.

Jack
0 x

Bieworm
Verbose Moderator
Verbose Moderator

Re: Another Reverb Question

Post by Bieworm »

I have a Marble Clubreverb, a 'boutique' brand from Holland. The reverb wires are soldered directly on the eyeletboard.. that's a super quiet amp noisewise... you can do that too, just use high quality wire and make sure they're fixed firmly where they enter the chassis. I think that is a superior approach due to the use of a few less excess components like jacks and such...
0 x
"THIS should be played at high volume..preferably in a residential area"

TriodeLuvr
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Re: Another Reverb Question

Post by TriodeLuvr »

That's a really nice looking amp. I wouldn't consider that a boutique price, either, given the apparent build quality. Amps like that actually make me question the wisdom of doing this myself. My results are usually good, but it's a huge amount of time and work for these one-off designs.

OK, I'm convinced, the cables will be soldered to terminal strips inside the chassis. A grommet and a wire tie should be enough to secure them. Thanks!

Jack
1 x