Ever Done Business With Them?

Tube-specific discussions

Moderators: CurtissRobin, colossal, zaphod_phil

adamshame

Ever Done Business With Them?

Post by adamshame »

I came across this seller on the eBay, and was wondering if anyone had ever done business with them. They have some pretty cool stuff when it comes to tubes and parts. I have my eye on some of the 6sn7 they are selling, but would like to see if anyone had any experience with them...
0 x

Phil_S
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by Phil_S »

Location = Russia. I wouldn't touch it. That's my 2 cents.
0 x

joe6v6
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by joe6v6 »

Ive used this one http://stores.ebay.com/Tube-Store-USSR- seems like a similar dealer - I bought like half a dozen EF86's & they are very good tubes. It took a while to get them , 4 weeks or so but it was worth the wait. For the price I was willing to take the chance of never getting anything or getting worthless tubes, I would say if your not willing to risk loosing your money stay in the U.S, . . JOE
0 x

Brewmaster
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by Brewmaster »

Phil_S wrote:Location = Russia. I wouldn't touch it. That's my 2 cents.
+1.
0 x

sub
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by sub »

Wow.... 8O Guy have got lots of nice stuff........
Looks like you have bad experience with russian dealers.
Maybe you can try out the guy with few cap or something.... :roll:
0 x

Phil_S
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by Phil_S »

No experience. My particular brand of common sense tells me there's no recourse outside the country. Russia is a fairly lawless country, so good luck if you have a problem. For no recourse deals, I need prices to be so low that I won't feel bad if the order is never filled.
0 x

sub
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by sub »

Phil_S wrote:No experience. My particular brand of common sense tells me there's no recourse outside the country. Russia is a fairly lawless country, so good luck if you have a problem. For no recourse deals, I need prices to be so low that I won't feel bad if the order is never filled.
Absolutely understandable (logical) what you say....
0 x

adamshame

Post by adamshame »

I appreciate everyone's replies!

I think I am gonna be Kenny Rogers and take my chances. I am headed to Vegas next weekend, and I would probably lose that same $30 on the roulette table.

I will be sure to let everyone know how my order turns out.
0 x

adamshame

Post by adamshame »

Quick Update:

I got the tubes today! It took almost a month, but for the price I am very satisfied. Three cheers to everything Russian!! Especially tubes, vodka and Fedor Emelianenko!
0 x

tarzanalog
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by tarzanalog »

I bought some tubes (and phonograph needles... how did RCA needles wind up in Russia?!?) last year from an ebay seller in what is now Moldova. Good transaction aside from the fact that the "12AX7 compatible tubes" I ordered were not... compatible. The heaters were wired in series instead of parallel (or vice versa, I don't remember) and while they would work in the odd Red Bear head they were not direct replacements for 12A_7 tube types. The 6L6 type tubes I got were OK, but nothing to write home about.
0 x