baldwin branded el84 12ax7

Tube-specific discussions

Moderators: zaphod_phil, CurtissRobin, colossal

menger
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

baldwin branded el84 12ax7

Post by menger »

i just scored a baldwin orgam it got 4 el84 4 12ax7 there branded baldwin any info on them the things is also just packed with yellow sprague caps also and many black bueties including a coulpe of huge ones in the footpedal
0 x

davent
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by davent »

When i come across Baldwin tubes on ebay they're uaually said to be Sylvania's. Here's a current listing.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/4-Sylvania-12AX7-Lon ... 240%3A1318

Tried to attach a picture but there is still no way to add attachments in tube talk.

dave
0 x

menger
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by menger »

thanks davent i got 4 baldwin branded and 4 sylvania and about 8 12ax7 12au7 and a couple of them were 7025 so it was a good weekend i got transformers for 18 and a 36 watt i love the spring people throw this stuff out i snatch it up :D i havent tested them but they sound great thats all that matters right
0 x

dotfret
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by dotfret »

The Baldwin labelled valves often carry an EIA code which indicates the original manufacturer. Sylvania had several EIA codes, but for OEM relabels the code used was usually 722. Check www.wy9.co.uk for more EIA codes.
0 x

TimbreWolf
Unrated

Post by TimbreWolf »

dotfret wrote:The Baldwin labelled valves often carry an EIA code which indicates the original manufacturer. Sylvania had several EIA codes, but for OEM relabels the code used was usually 722. Check www.wy9.co.uk for more EIA codes.
Sylvania's most common EIA code was 312 - even for OEM use.
menger wrote:i just scored a baldwin orgam it got 4 el84 4 12ax7 there branded baldwin any info on them
Raytheon was also a common "Baldwin"-labeled OEM tube, with EIA code of 280 (or P280).

Post photos if you still have any ambiguity.

- Thom
0 x

menger
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by menger »

iv gotten 20 someodd wurlitzer branded 12ax7 recently, and they sound excellent, but what realy shaped my tone in my 18 watt was a old 5ar4/gz34 recto awsome. iv got 2 baldwin branded el84 3 wurlitzer 12ax7 and the gz34 the amp dead quiet with guitar vol rolled back and just roars when cranked i got 4 of these old rectos ill keep them forever.
  • mark
0 x