Help ID these tubes: All Mullards?

Tube-specific discussions

Moderators: zaphod_phil, CurtissRobin, colossal

Shrapnel
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Help ID these tubes: All Mullards?

Post by Shrapnel »

It's my understanding that ALL old Mullards have a seam on the top of the tube. Attached is 2 pics of five tubes that fit this billing. Are these indeed Mullard tubes? and what type of plate classification?

There are two that are marked in yellow, as Magnavox, and only carry the 12AX7 designation and have a yellow circle with a yellow X on the bottom (same yellow as the Magnavox name) The plates are longer on these two, suggesting long plate Mullard.

The next three are branded, in white, Silvertone and 12AX7/ECC83. Also they are labeled Made in Holland.

I can't positively identify any other markings on the tubes.

0 x
Rock and Roll Aint Noise Pollution, neither is my amp :D

kleuck
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by kleuck »

They all seem to have a Phillips structure, and made in Holland should signify made by Phillips or Valvo (for the Silverstone)
The 2 others are perhaps Mullard, non etched code at the base ?
0 x

Shrapnel
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by Shrapnel »

After a closer inspection, I *believe* the two Magnavox tubes to be labeled japan (well one is labeled japan, and the other japa.)

the Silvertones have the "euro" angle to them in comparison to the Magnavoxes where the plates seem to go straight back away from the indexing zone of the pins (the gap.)

I'll figure out a way to organize them all... perhaps the Silvertones in the V1 position, and the Magnavoxes in the PI.

Thanks for the info.
0 x
Rock and Roll Aint Noise Pollution, neither is my amp :D

kleuck
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by kleuck »

"Made in Japan", well Matsus probably, they should exhibit less gain than the Holland-made ones.
0 x