Old Mullard Tube Factory staff induction movie(s)

Tube-specific discussions

Moderators: CurtissRobin, colossal, zaphod_phil

tubeswell

Old Mullard Tube Factory staff induction movie(s)

Post by tubeswell »

0 x

dotfret
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by dotfret »

Nice that you got them all tied together.

I could only ever get one of them to run from the original site, I've been waiting a while to see these, so thank you.

Perhaps you could make a similar post in the Valves discussion on Wattkins,com?
0 x

scole

Post by scole »

awsome! it makes me wonder how many they made in a day, also what wears out in the tube and why cant they be repaired?
0 x

tubeswell

Post by tubeswell »

From the looks of all those different factories all over the place in that filum, I'd say they made gazillions everyday, and there must be a huge warehouse somewhere with all the NOS tubes stashed in them. Now where could it be?
0 x

scole

Post by scole »

how can i get those videos on to a cd?
0 x

dotfret
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by dotfret »

scole wrote:how can i get those videos on to a cd?
It is not legal to download those videos. You will have to ask elswhere, anyone answering that question here will have the reply deleted.

To answer your previous question about how many they made, I have some figures for 1954, 30.3 million, and 1955, 40.7 million.
0 x

zaphod_phil
Builder, Admin
Builder, Admin

Post by zaphod_phil »

It is not legal to download those videos. You will have to ask elswhere, anyone answering that question here will have the reply deleted.
I don't believe that is true. These are very old film clips, who's copyright will have expired long ago. So they are now in the public domain. Furthermore, the fact that Blackburn Microtech went bust removes the possibility of any other legal obstacles, even though that would have been very unlikely in any case.

scole, there have been some threads on AX84.com about how to save local copies of YouTube clips, and there are tools available to do that. It is particularly easy to do with Linux. However, you should always check for any copyright restrictions.

BTW there are a couple of similar clips on the home page of vintageamps.com showing how RCA made tubes.
0 x
Nature abhors a clean tube amp

dotfret
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by dotfret »

That's copyleft in action!

Google are nailing up the doors on YouTube, Phil. It's not the original copyright that matters, it is the copyright on the COPY of the original.

Same situation on transcriptions of old recordings ... yes, it is difficult to enforce, but there is protection for the de-scuzzers, too.
0 x

katopan
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by katopan »

scole - search for dvdvideosoft. Works a charm.

Thing about them nailing up the doors, every time they change the way the video streaming in YouTube works the popular download programs work out a way around it and update their software.
0 x

BackwoodsJoe

Post by BackwoodsJoe »

I got to get a copy to. Those "babes" assembling the Mullards are "HOT"! :wink:
0 x

zaphod_phil
Builder, Admin
Builder, Admin

Post by zaphod_phil »

It's not the original copyright that matters, it is the copyright on the COPY of the original.
I don't believe that for a second. The work needs to have been altered or embellished in some way for a new copyright to apply to it. For example, if they added a new backing sound track or a new commentary, so that it in effect becomes a new work.
0 x
Nature abhors a clean tube amp

dotfret
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by dotfret »

zaphod_phil wrote: I don't believe that for a second. The work needs to have been altered or embellished in some way for a new copyright to apply to it. For example, if they added a new backing sound track or a new commentary, so that it in effect becomes a new work.
That might be the case in Rush Country, but in the rest of the world the change from 16mm film stock to digital medium is sufficient to start an argument. That's not an alteration? Legal precedent says otherwise ...

LOL I used to project these films on a Bell and Howell 617 in lunch breaks for the school film society in the 60s (3d admission to cover the cost of sending the film back). Wish I'd paid more attention, but transistors were more interesting ... and the films for the CCF where you had to learn how to break down and reassemble a Lewis gun, etc.

Looky, they is on YouTube - posting on YouTube always involves a partial surrender of copyright. Whatever you feel, Phil, it was your back I was watching when I made that post. You have another opinion. I have researched copyright for my own reasons, and I have only come to one concrete conclusion - nobody will give a definitive answer about anything to do with the issue unless you pay for it. Otherwise you hope you are guessing right.

Me, I don't give a monkey's cuss, as long as the Thought Police do not come round and ask me about my 78 transcriptions.

Anyone wants a CD of the original version of Ravel's Bolero, send me a PM. Sample on this page - http://www.freewebs.com/dotfret/classic.htm

You want to know what the legendary Charlie Christian's sound was like - sample on here - http://www.freewebs.com/dotfret/jazz.htm
0 x