In memory of Mark

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Graydon

dartanion
Extremely Active Poster!
Extremely Active Poster!

Post by dartanion »

Sarge-

Thanks a ton!!!

These amps will take no prisoners with your glass in 'em!!!
0 x

jtmjtm45
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

family update

Post by jtmjtm45 »

Ive heard alot about the raffle ,but how are the girls doing.Wasnt one of them still in the hospital thanks :?:
0 x
Albert Einstein said" make it as simple as possible,no simpler"

Dana-L
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by Dana-L »

What's the latest word on the fundraising effort for the Durham family?

Any information on the prize list and projected date of the raffle?

Very best regards,

-Dana
0 x

dartanion
Extremely Active Poster!
Extremely Active Poster!

Post by dartanion »

We are shooting for all builds to be completed by the end of this month (Sept. 06), and then holding the drawing on Oct. 31. This should give us ample time to promote and get more donations as we will have photos of the builds and other prizes.

I believe that we are no longer calling it a raffle for legal reasons, thus we are accepting donations to the Mark Durhum Memorial Fund, which will be holding a prize give away on Oct. 31 for those who have been so kind as to donate.

I'll shoot a message to S2 to get an update on the girls. Last I heard was that they were headed back to Texas and that things were looking up.
0 x

dartanion
Extremely Active Poster!
Extremely Active Poster!

Post by dartanion »

UPDATE

Tubes arrived from the Sarge for Paul Ruby's build and head cab is on the way from Anthony (Reason). Should be a beaut :D
0 x

billv
Poster Child

Post by billv »

Wooohoooo! :)
0 x

markh
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by markh »

I'm just waiting on some tube sockets (kindly donated by allynmey), and with luck I'll be able to hit the deadline (18watt classic build). :D

--mark h
0 x

allynmey
Verbose poster
Verbose poster

Post by allynmey »

Mark, Shipped yesterday. you should have everything tomorrow. :D

Allyn
0 x

dartanion
Extremely Active Poster!
Extremely Active Poster!

Post by dartanion »

Mark,

Did you post a copy of that pic in the Gallery?

HOLY CRAP DUDE 8O That's beautiful!!!!!!! 8O 8O 8O 8O

I gotta take some shots of Paul's build and the JTM45 (which I haven't even unpacked yet :oops: ). Paul is an artist as well. His build is killer!!!!

Wiggle, what exactly was Mark Durham's role in the life of that JTM45?

Southbay, are you still down to donate some of those wicked Scumbacks?

What I would like to do is maybe get together with some of the local forum guys and put down some clips of these 2 builds that we can post here and get a bunch of photos. Jim can bring the Epi LP he's so kindly donating, other's bring the guitars and record some nice tasty tidbits.
0 x

Dana-L
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by Dana-L »

dartanion wrote:We are shooting for all builds to be completed by the end of this month (Sept. 06), and then holding the drawing on Oct. 31. This should give us ample time to promote and get more donations as we will have photos of the builds and other prizes.

I believe that we are no longer calling it a raffle for legal reasons, thus we are accepting donations to the Mark Durhum Memorial Fund, which will be holding a prize give away on Oct. 31 for those who have been so kind as to donate.

I'll shoot a message to S2 to get an update on the girls. Last I heard was that they were headed back to Texas and that things were looking up.
Thanks for the update, man.

It sounds like there will be quite the fine collection of prizes.

You guys are great!

-Dana
0 x

markh
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by markh »

dartanion wrote:Mark,

Did you post a copy of that pic in the Gallery?

...That's beautiful!...
Not yet, I'm taking a bunch of photos as I go, with the intention of documenting the whole build process.

Note that it's built on a piece of gen-u-ine RS tagboard, which Mark D sent me 'just because!' :) :cry:

Note also the unusual PI plate resistor config. Two 1/4 watt 51k ohm carbon comps in series per anode. Twice the mojo! :lol:

Thanks for the kind words.

--mark h
0 x

dartanion
Extremely Active Poster!
Extremely Active Poster!

Post by dartanion »

UPDATE

Cab arrived from Reason Amplification yesterday for Paul's build and she's a beauty!!! I will be assembling it this weekend and taking lots of photos. I hope to have the JTM45 all done here soon as well.

I was thinking that we should do some sort of badge for Paul's build that will denote that this was part of the Mark Durham give away.

NitroLiq-
Are you still game for a design for this baby? Maybe a special tube chart (EF86/Trem) and a badge for the front of the cab (nothing too gaudy though).

Also, anyone want to donate a Marshall style handle and some feet for the JTM45 head cab? If so, please shoot me an email.[/b]
0 x

NitroLiq
Verbose poster
Verbose poster

Post by NitroLiq »

Dart, Just PM me with the exact specs for the tube chart (size and info) as well as the badge...the badge is a nameplate, correct? What do you want it to say? Also, it'll be helpful to see pics of the amp so I can decide on a good type treatment.

Thanks,
Pete

P.S. Don't forget to let me know what format you want the final files in.
0 x

wiggle
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by wiggle »

dartanion wrote: Wiggle, what exactly was Mark Durham's role in the life of that JTM45?

S
He re-biased it for me. When I changed to the GT tubes, I couldnt settle on a good bias point and so he did. He also talked me into opening up the NFB loop a little. As youll notice I have it way choked back. I have always had trouble with the Marshall treble/presence. While he wouldnt directly do this as he didnt want to invade into my build he kindly mentioned it to me, and reminded me that everything would settle down tone-wise with a few hours of hard playing. He gave me his JTM 45 that had his favorite mods on it to dig into. I changed a couple of values around v1 to emulate one of his mods.
I honestly cant remember everything that was done. Because the amp has sounded so cool for 2-3 years, and I really havent touched it lately.

I hope someone really enjoys this amp.
Travis
0 x

dartanion
Extremely Active Poster!
Extremely Active Poster!

Post by dartanion »

NitroLiq,

How do I PM you? What's your email addy?

Wiggle,

Cool beans! The story is becoming more clear.

I finally unwrapped the JTM45 and everything looks good, except the rectifier was crushed in shipping :cry: I'll see if I have a suitable replacement.

I also put Paul's build into the can supplied by Reason Amplification and it is beautiful. I took a bunch of photos and will post them tonight.

I've got a little more work to do on the cabs for the JTM45, but should have it completed by this coming weekend. I have just been way too busy for words.

I am also planning on having a good buddy of mine who is a phenominal player come by this weekend to record some clips of these babies!!!
0 x

NitroLiq
Verbose poster
Verbose poster

Post by NitroLiq »

Dart, you can email me at pankeleinATnycDOTrrDOTcom.
0 x