Mark Durham Memorial 18watt Raffle

In memory of Mark

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Graydon

markh
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by markh »

dartanion wrote:Mark,

Did you post a copy of that pic in the Gallery?

...That's beautiful!...
Not yet, I'm taking a bunch of photos as I go, with the intention of documenting the whole build process.

Note that it's built on a piece of gen-u-ine RS tagboard, which Mark D sent me 'just because!' :) :cry:

Note also the unusual PI plate resistor config. Two 1/4 watt 51k ohm carbon comps in series per anode. Twice the mojo! :lol:

Thanks for the kind words.

--mark h
0 x

dartanion
Extremely Active Poster!
Extremely Active Poster!

Post by dartanion »

UPDATE

Cab arrived from Reason Amplification yesterday for Paul's build and she's a beauty!!! I will be assembling it this weekend and taking lots of photos. I hope to have the JTM45 all done here soon as well.

I was thinking that we should do some sort of badge for Paul's build that will denote that this was part of the Mark Durham give away.

NitroLiq-
Are you still game for a design for this baby? Maybe a special tube chart (EF86/Trem) and a badge for the front of the cab (nothing too gaudy though).

Also, anyone want to donate a Marshall style handle and some feet for the JTM45 head cab? If so, please shoot me an email.[/b]
0 x

NitroLiq
Verbose poster
Verbose poster

Post by NitroLiq »

Dart, Just PM me with the exact specs for the tube chart (size and info) as well as the badge...the badge is a nameplate, correct? What do you want it to say? Also, it'll be helpful to see pics of the amp so I can decide on a good type treatment.

Thanks,
Pete

P.S. Don't forget to let me know what format you want the final files in.
0 x

wiggle
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by wiggle »

dartanion wrote: Wiggle, what exactly was Mark Durham's role in the life of that JTM45?

S
He re-biased it for me. When I changed to the GT tubes, I couldnt settle on a good bias point and so he did. He also talked me into opening up the NFB loop a little. As youll notice I have it way choked back. I have always had trouble with the Marshall treble/presence. While he wouldnt directly do this as he didnt want to invade into my build he kindly mentioned it to me, and reminded me that everything would settle down tone-wise with a few hours of hard playing. He gave me his JTM 45 that had his favorite mods on it to dig into. I changed a couple of values around v1 to emulate one of his mods.
I honestly cant remember everything that was done. Because the amp has sounded so cool for 2-3 years, and I really havent touched it lately.

I hope someone really enjoys this amp.
Travis
0 x

dartanion
Extremely Active Poster!
Extremely Active Poster!

Post by dartanion »

NitroLiq,

How do I PM you? What's your email addy?

Wiggle,

Cool beans! The story is becoming more clear.

I finally unwrapped the JTM45 and everything looks good, except the rectifier was crushed in shipping :cry: I'll see if I have a suitable replacement.

I also put Paul's build into the can supplied by Reason Amplification and it is beautiful. I took a bunch of photos and will post them tonight.

I've got a little more work to do on the cabs for the JTM45, but should have it completed by this coming weekend. I have just been way too busy for words.

I am also planning on having a good buddy of mine who is a phenominal player come by this weekend to record some clips of these babies!!!
0 x

NitroLiq
Verbose poster
Verbose poster

Post by NitroLiq »

Dart, you can email me at pankeleinATnycDOTrrDOTcom.
0 x