5th winner of Mark Durham Memorial Giveaway

In memory of Mark

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Graydon

WaZaK
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by WaZaK »

I never knew the guy: gone before my time here.
But from the comments I read, I guess I wish I had.

Never known, but not forgotten.

Regards to all.
0 x
I'm the "wrong" side of the pond: 4,500 miles from real ale. Help!

zaphod_phil
Builder, Admin
Builder, Admin

Post by zaphod_phil »

What a sad and tragic day that was.

Does anyone know how his wife and family are doing these days, BTW? The case of that murdered couple in Florida the other week, who had adopted all those disabled kids, reminded me of Mark when I saw it on the news.
0 x
Nature abhors a clean tube amp

morcey2
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by morcey2 »

I got this amp back for a couple of days because I think the rectifier died. There's just something about a cranked JTM45 that's hard to beat. There's just something to it.

I know why Mark liked them so much. They're both marshalls, but a very different vibe from an 18-watt.

I was really lucky to get drawn for this amp and it's been able to help me with some bills with everything we're going through at the moment.

Matt
0 x

morcey2
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Re: 5th winner of Mark Durham Memorial Giveaway

Post by morcey2 »

I usually make it a point to not resurrect 12-year-old threads, but I had to share the news. The Mark Durham Memorial JTM45 is back home. I had sold it to a very good friend of mine who has taken care of it for the last 12 years. I needed money for medical bills when I sold it originally. He needed money for tuition for one of his kids so I bought it back. He'll have plenty of visitation with it if he needs it for recording or a gig.

I haven't fired it up yet, but that will probably happen tomorrow.

Matt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
5 x