sorry but....

In memory of Mark

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Graydon

peroja
Unrated

sorry but....

Post by peroja »

i feel embarassed. i am new here and i do not know who mark was? was he the founder of 18watt.com? i would be very happy if someone tells me who he was? he looks very sympatic to me.

pero
:oops:
0 x

BBQLS1
Old timer, Never stops talking
Old timer, Never stops talking

Re: sorry but....

Post by BBQLS1 »

peroja wrote:i feel embarassed. i am new here and i do not know who mark was? was he the founder of 18watt.com? i would be very happy if someone tells me who he was? he looks very sympatic to me.

pero
He was very very involved with this forum. He developed some of the amps in our download sections. Unfortunately, he passed away in an auto accident.

:cry:
0 x
Don´t ask me what I think of you. I might not give the answers you want me to.

morcey2
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Re: sorry but....

Post by morcey2 »

peroja wrote:i feel embarassed. i am new here and i do not know who mark was? was he the founder of 18watt.com? i would be very happy if someone tells me who he was? he looks very sympatic to me.

pero
(this is from what I've read and remember) Mark Durham was one of the founding members of the 18watt Yahoo group that eventually morphed into what you see here. He was (and still is) a major contributor here.

If you see any schematics drawn by hand like this one:
http://www.18watt.com/storage/Vajra%2018%20scheme.jpg
, it's one of Marks. That one, I'm pretty sure is his masterwork, being the Vajra.

Now the sad part. On July 26, 2006, Mark was killed in a car wreck while on vacation in Hawaii. One of his 2 daughters, Jessica, was seriously injured in the wreck. The other, Marisa, was injured, but less seriously. The group here pulled together and raised a total of just over $8000 to help Sheri and the girls.

I never got to know Mark before the accident, but many here were close personal friends of his, both on the internet and in real life (What do you mean the internet isn't real life?) I have been lucky enough to get one of the items in the fundraiser, that being a JTM45 kit (winner number 5). And my mom told me I would never be a winner.

ADMINISTRATIVE REQUEST:

Would it be possible to restore the thread in which his death was announced? I have searched and can not find it anywhere. I think it is as important to 18Watt.com as any of the schematics, layouts, or gallery shots are.

I'm sure many agree with me in that he is missed.

Matt.
0 x

peroja
Unrated

Post by peroja »

:cry:
my toughts are with his family. i know how it is to lose a father. actually i lost my whole family, my dad, mom and my younger sister all on the same day when i was 30 years old. on november 17th it is 10 years ago. i fear that day. you can google for "luxor massacre" so i dont need to tell details......
0 x

JoeV
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by JoeV »

peroja wrote::cry:
my toughts are with his family. i know how it is to lose a father. actually i lost my whole family, my dad, mom and my younger sister all on the same day when i was 30 years old. on november 17th it is 10 years ago. i fear that day. you can google for "luxor massacre" so i dont need to tell details......
Holy sh!t, man. I'm so sorry for you. :(
0 x
Joe V.
www.amplates.com
Custom Faceplates for DIY Guitar Amplifiers
...and Photo Grille Cloth, too!

drhulsey
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by drhulsey »

peroja wrote:.. actually i lost my whole family....
To kill people in the name of God seems to be the worst of oxymorons :cry: :!:
Last edited by drhulsey on Fri 08/10/07 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

dartanion
Extremely Active Poster!
Extremely Active Poster!

Post by dartanion »

Every religion has it's extremists.

Consider us the 18watt extremists!!!

Let's get back to talking about amps :D
0 x

mcdadez
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by mcdadez »

Agreed,i have studied every religion for the past 6000 years and im an atheist...that about sums up what i think about religion.But this is an amp forum and i want to talk about AMPS!!!! lets leave it at that. :twisted:
0 x

drhulsey
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by drhulsey »

dartanion wrote: Consider us the 18watt extremists!!!
Yes, but I won't condemn you for getting 20 watts of output :!: :lol:
0 x

rjgtr
Builder, Admin
Builder, Admin

Post by rjgtr »

Everyone - I hate to be heavy here, but please do not discuss religion or politics. It is one of the forums rules.

Mark was a great guy. It is shame he's gone. He was always helpful.
0 x

peroja
Unrated

Post by peroja »

sorry i brought that up. thread closed 8)

ooh yeah....here are my tunes:

http://www.myspace.com/demhold
0 x

drhulsey
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by drhulsey »

peroja wrote:...here are my tunes...
The tunes sound GREAT :!: Good licks, good composition 8)
0 x

ctams
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by ctams »

mcdadez wrote:Agreed,i have studied every religion for the past 6000 years and im an atheist...that about sums up what i think about religion.But this is an amp forum and i want to talk about AMPS!!!! lets leave it at that. :twisted:
WOW! You've been studying for 6,000 years? That would be my true h*ll, as I hated school. ;)
0 x

mcdadez
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by mcdadez »

lol ok no religion talk but i found that funny.As for the topic i wasnt here when Mark sadly passed away but his posts and layouts have helped a future generation of amp builders get to grips with the 18watt.Something that will live on forever.
0 x

peroja
Unrated

Post by peroja »

drhulsey wrote:
peroja wrote:...here are my tunes...
The tunes sound GREAT :!: Good licks, good composition 8)
thank you, thanks a lot. :)
i am 40y now. i got my first guitar when i was 10. the boy was little, the guitar a monster LOL :lol:
0 x

drhulsey
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by drhulsey »

peroja wrote: ...i am 40y now...
Hmmm :? I think I was 40 once, but it's been so long I can't remember :oops: I started at age 13yo. I know a lot more about music (and most other things) than I did then. It's just harder to get the fingers to do it :lol:
0 x