Got my AC30 iron today...

General Tech Discussion - Anything amp-ish goes!

Moderators: CurtissRobin, colossal, zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon

WesKuhnley
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Got my AC30 iron today...

Post by WesKuhnley »

IT'S ON!
I'll be building the AC30/4 circuit that's in the download section using the "vintage" official Vox iron and my '69 Super Beatle chassis and cab...sweet rocking will soon be in order!
0 x

Poppatwang

Post by Poppatwang »

Ready for show & tell at the next ampfest?
0 x

WesKuhnley
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by WesKuhnley »

for sure!
0 x

paulster

Re: Got my AC30 iron today...

Post by paulster »

WesKuhnley wrote:I'll be building the AC30/4 circuit that's in the download section using the "vintage" official Vox iron
Where did you get the iron from? I'm after some decent AC30 iron, although I want it in a standup format.
0 x

WesKuhnley
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by WesKuhnley »

CE Distrobution. www.cedist.com only the OP and choke are stand up. I chose the 'vintage' Vox iron cause it was the cheapest, not the best. I'm not too hip on spending $500 on MM iron...
0 x

paulster

Post by paulster »

Thanks for the info. I'll take a look at theirs.

Between them, JMI, MM, Heyboer and a whole load of others, there's a fair bit of choice to wade though!
0 x

Wicksy
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by Wicksy »

WesKuhnley wrote:CE Distrobution. www.cedist.com only the OP and choke are stand up. I chose the 'vintage' Vox iron cause it was the cheapest, not the best. I'm not too hip on spending $500 on MM iron...
Cheers for the link but they say they only sell to distributors and tradesmen etc... Shame that. I could be convinced to build an AC30...
0 x

Michael
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by Michael »

Wicksy wrote:
WesKuhnley wrote:CE Distrobution. www.cedist.com only the OP and choke are stand up. I chose the 'vintage' Vox iron cause it was the cheapest, not the best. I'm not too hip on spending $500 on MM iron...
Cheers for the link but they say they only sell to distributors and tradesmen etc... Shame that. I could be convinced to build an AC30...
I am a vendor. You pay shipping and I'll send em too you.

Michael
0 x

Masco
Unrated

"Vintage" AC-30 xfmrs

Post by Masco »

These vintage style AC-30 transformers offered by CE are surplus from the Vox AC-30 HW edition amps, made by Schumacher I believe. I've bought a bunch of the sets in the past for some of my own builds and thought I'd mention that I found several of the PTs that buzz. Loose windings and/or laminations that would physically vibrate under loaded conditions. Thankfully, I returned the bad ones for a refund, but it was still a pain in the ass to go through.
Could these have been seconds included with leftovers or possibly just damaged in transit? Beware.
Hopefully I'm not too late with this post.
0 x