Bushings on pots

General Tech Discussion - Anything amp-ish goes!

Moderators: CurtissRobin, colossal, zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon

liquidsuspension

Bushings on pots

Post by liquidsuspension »

is the threaded area on the pot considered the bushing? i ask because i need a lil bit more thread since i added my 1/8" lexan faceplate to my amp. a few of the pots barely reach but the others don't. at antique electronic supply, they have 8mm bushings, and 3/8" bushings on the alpha pots.
0 x

57chevy
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Re: Bushings on pots

Post by 57chevy »

liquidsuspension wrote:is the threaded area on the pot considered the bushing? i ask because i need a lil bit more thread since i added my 1/8" lexan faceplate to my amp. a few of the pots barely reach but the others don't. at antique electronic supply, they have 8mm bushings, and 3/8" bushings on the alpha pots.
Yes. However, the 8mm and 3/8" values are the diameter of the bushing. You need a 'longer' bushing.

...Steve
0 x

liquidsuspension

Post by liquidsuspension »

thanks for clearing that up.

does anyone have a source for what i'm looking for?
0 x

veets
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by veets »

Have you tried DigiKey?
0 x
Bassists are people too.......well sort of.....

davent
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by davent »

liquidsuspension wrote:thanks for clearing that up.

does anyone have a source for what i'm looking for?
I've used PEC pots to go through a Hammond chassis and a 1/8" plexiglas faceplate. They have a 3/8" long bushing and that's just enough, they are expensive.

http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/C072/P1658.pdf Cdn $

I've also got an odd Alpha pot, that came with a batch of regular (short) bushing Alphas, with a 3/8" long bushing. It doesn't have an anti-rotation tab however. Mouser has lots of different Alphas maybe they carry a long bushing pot that will work.

Another option might be to use a thinner faceplate, I've got 1/16" Lexan and with that the regular Alphas will reach through it and the Hammond chassis.

dave
0 x