Serious Amp Addict...some would say he's got a problem

General Tech Discussion - Anything amp-ish goes!

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

LeeMo
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by LeeMo »

What's the old Steve Martin bit about the "googalophonic sound system"? That's one less than infinity. :lol: Still sounds like crap. 8O Turns out he had a bad needle. :lol:

LeeMo
0 x

zikaj
Unrated

Post by zikaj »

dartanion wrote:Apparently he has quite a collection of guitars too. Maybe a PRO, but who knows. It seems that he has even bought the same amp multiple times in the past 2 years. Why? I haven't a clue.
I noticed this too. It was starting to look like my college era girlfriend list...
Gina
Ann
Carrie (twice)
Amy
Jeanine (three times)

I currently have a whopping THREE amps in the basement & four cabinets. My wife asks me why I need so much stuff.

Apparently "so much" is a relative term.
Last edited by zikaj on Mon 05/14/07 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Michael
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by Michael »

At first I thought, "Man, this guy is sick!" Then I counted my own...26 amps. Damn! Where did they all come from?!!!
0 x

jac
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by jac »

See! :D :D It's not me!!. Even if there broke, you have to bring them in from the cold :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x

BBQLS1
Old timer, Never stops talking
Old timer, Never stops talking

Post by BBQLS1 »

Sick man, sick.
0 x
Don´t ask me what I think of you. I might not give the answers you want me to.

RML

Post by RML »

dartanion wrote:My wife gives me a hard time when I spend a few hundred bucks on a basket case...
Y'all single guys need to fall in love with horse wimmin....
Nothing I purchase is even a blip on the radar compared to what the horses spend. :wink:
Plus she c'ain't z'actly tell you motorcycles are off limits... :lol:
0 x

drhulsey
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by drhulsey »

RML wrote:"Somebody once said we never know what is enough until we know what´s more than enough." --Billie Holiday
When you get served with the Divorce papers, it's MORE than enough nono I try to leave 'em at the office for a while until my wife kinda gets used to 'em. Then I bring them home. "Oh! That old thing! I've had that for a LONG time!" :wink: Now building your own amps REALLY shows some intiative to cut back on spending :!: "Oh! That old thing! I didn't buy that. I built it!" Besides, you can hide components a lot easier than amps :wink:
0 x

NitroWoman
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by NitroWoman »

The only way you could hide components from me is to mix them in with my own stash. :twisted:
0 x
Everything I know I learned by listening to myself talk about things I know nothing about.

beerman

Post by beerman »

NitroWoman wrote:The only way you could hide components from me is to mix them in with my own stash. :twisted:
So.... um..... married?

Single Australian enthusiast seeks like minded American for dual citizenship and Thermionic good times.... :lol: :lol:
0 x

Cheers and Beers.

morcey2
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by morcey2 »

I have 5 1/2 amps. (the SS crate only counts as 1/2) and 3 cabs. I noticed that he said that he was married, but the word "happily" never showed up.

Matt
0 x

drhulsey
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by drhulsey »

NitroWoman wrote:The only way you could hide components from me is to mix them in with my own stash. :twisted:
Yes, but you ARE the High Priestess of TONE 8) Everybody on this forum is going to share components with you :thumbsup: And NOBODY is going to question your electronics skills :wink: Besides, you help us keep in touch with our venusian side :bigups:
0 x

WesKuhnley
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by WesKuhnley »

I can't stand people who won't hold onto an amp. The guys at the local shop were telling me about a kid who bought/traded 15 boutique and high end amps from and to them over just a few months. I generally follow the "buy or build, but NEVER EVER SELL" rule, cause any givin amp/guitar/pedal will eventually become usefull live or in the studio. Besides, you don't need 3 strats, LP's etc. One of each right? The sole exception to that rule would be Gretsch 6120's... :twisted:
0 x

Bluesmechanic
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by Bluesmechanic »

Michael wrote:At first I thought, "Man, this guy is sick!" Then I counted my own...26 amps. Damn! Where did they all come from?!!!
Thanks for sharing. Now I don't feel as if my AAS is out of control. :lol:
I own less than 26 and way more than 1.
0 x

NitroWoman
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by NitroWoman »

Just FYI, I'm single and LUV'N it. Yes, I know how incredibly desirable I am :wink: but you have to stop and think for a second. What would it really be like to be hooked up with someone like me with the same kind of interests? "Oh sure honey, go ahead and buy that '59 LP, we really don't need to pay the mortgage for the next 5 years, living out of a shopping cart behind the 7-11 is fine with me." 8O Then again, I'm always up for helping someone with more money than they know what to do with spend it. :D Also, thanks for the offer from down under, I had a great time when I visited there a few years back. I only got to Perth and Fremantle but it was wonderful.
0 x
Everything I know I learned by listening to myself talk about things I know nothing about.

Graydon
Admin, Charter Member
Admin, Charter Member

Post by Graydon »

I once hid my wife's brithday gift amidst her stash of shoe boxes. She had no idea it was there. Of course, she could also probably hide my birthday gifts among my stash of guitar and amp stuff. She's always welcome to hide my presents in the garage. :-) A Ferrari 308 or the new Ducati 1098 would be fine. :wink:
0 x
Sincerely,
Graydon Stuckey
www.gdsamps.com
www.guytron.com

GREEN_CANOE

Post by GREEN_CANOE »

drhulsey wrote:
RML wrote:"Somebody once said we never know what is enough until we know what´s more than enough." --Billie Holiday
When you get served with the Divorce papers, it's MORE than enough nono I try to leave 'em at the office for a while until my wife kinda gets used to 'em. Then I bring them home. "Oh! That old thing! I've had that for a LONG time!" :wink: Now building your own amps REALLY shows some intiative to cut back on spending :!: "Oh! That old thing! I didn't buy that. I built it!" Besides, you can hide components a lot easier than amps :wink:
A mountian biking forum I visit has the saying "You should always be only one bike away from a divorce". :twisted:

Me? I have to Ebay stuff so I can afford my next build. :cry: Too many hobbies not enough disposable income.
0 x

WesKuhnley
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by WesKuhnley »

Graydon wrote::-) A Ferrari 308 or the new Ducati 1098 would be fine. :wink:
Aw come on...leave the Italian trash alone and at least fantisize about a real man's car... '67 Shelby Mustang!
0 x

Aharon
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by Aharon »

What bothers me is that ................he wasn't happy with any of them?..........
Aharon
0 x

drhulsey
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by drhulsey »

GREEN_CANOE wrote: "You should always be only one bike away from a divorce".
That one bike or amp that put you over the limit could be REALLY expensive :!: And you might be entitled to only HALF of it :cry:
0 x

ctams
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by ctams »

dartanion wrote:That's pretty funny stuff :lol:

I think the guy is for real. He claims to only have about 5 or so on hand at any one time. I find that hard to believe. He also says he's married! Even harder to believe.

I think the guy just has a lot of money and free time.
He may have a music shop and neglected to say it's all inventory. Just a thought.
0 x