Serious Amp Addict...some would say he's got a problem

General Tech Discussion - Anything amp-ish goes!

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

Chubsman
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by Chubsman »

Do you play in a band Nitro? Have a website?
0 x

NitroWoman
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by NitroWoman »

No, I haven't been in a band in years and I have no website. I just play for my own pleasure these days.
0 x
Everything I know I learned by listening to myself talk about things I know nothing about.

fastvicar
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by fastvicar »

Nitro, we need to talk... :wink:

FWIW, I was at the filming of Pinks All Out last Saturday. Several big-block Chevelles there. You'd be in good company!

Back on-topic, I have the utmost respect for a good player who can get all of his sounds from one guitar and one amp. A Strat through a Champ or a LP through an 18W is capable of far more than we give them credit for.

Still doesn't say I don't like gear, though. I'm just happy with what I've got. (Did I just say that? 8O )
0 x

morcey2
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by morcey2 »

fastvicar wrote:Nitro, we need to talk... :wink:

FWIW, I was at the filming of Pinks All Out last Saturday. Several big-block Chevelles there. You'd be in good company!

Heck, I'd show up in a skirt and call myself NW to see those.(We need a "MY EYES" emoticon). Now if there are any big-block or nailhead buicks,.......

Matt
0 x

layboomo
Unrated

Post by layboomo »

fastvicar wrote:Nitro, we need to talk... :wink:

Back on-topic, I have the utmost respect for a good player who can get all of his sounds from one guitar and one amp. A Strat through a Champ or a LP through an 18W is capable of far more than we give them credit for.

Still doesn't say I don't like gear, though. I'm just happy with what I've got. (Did I just say that? 8O )
I agree totally....in the right hands 1 guitar is all you need! This might be a bit off topic,but it fits my thinking anyway...I also like real battle worn guitars with character,none of this retro-relic fake wear crap!!! You have to earn that look or it doesn't mean anything. It's been my experience that the prettiest guitars are for wannabees and guys with more money than talent to have something to hang on their walls and say see what I've got! Yawn! So what! Hey wait a minute I have a few pretty guitars too! Oh well,just insulted myself! :wink:
0 x

drhulsey
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by drhulsey »

fastvicar wrote: I'm just happy with what I've got.
Your wife reads this thread, doesn't she :?: :hmm:
0 x

GTRWUN
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by GTRWUN »

I agree totally....in the right hands 1 guitar is all you need
I wish that were true! I take at least 4 to every gig. 1-7 string,1 strat-DADGAD,2-standard tuned.......gotta have em all to play our tunes..what a pain! 8O
0 x

beerman

Post by beerman »

Chubsman wrote:Do you play in a band Nitro? Have a website?
8O 8O

Yeah...... with pictures.......???.........

:twisted: :lol: [/u]
0 x

Cheers and Beers.

layboomo
Unrated

Post by layboomo »

GTRWUN wrote:
I agree totally....in the right hands 1 guitar is all you need
I wish that were true! I take at least 4 to every gig. 1-7 string,1 strat-DADGAD,2-standard tuned.......gotta have em all to play our tunes..what a pain! 8O
I was speaking in more general terms about guys who have 10 or 15 of the same guitar etc....I mean at some point a strat is a strat and a LP is a LP...know what I mean? Sure you you need a certain sound for certain songs,but it does get a bit rediculous sometimes. I'm as guilty as the next guy....pretty good case of G.A.S. myself.
0 x

Rictone
Unrated

Post by Rictone »

This talk about muscle cars reminds me of the 68 Barracuda I had in the 70's.
383 four speed formula S convertable. That car got me throw in jail one night ......I was racing a blue chevelle .. . I won the race by the way Nitro Woman, but I was the one who got nabbbed. Maybe it was just a small block?
0 x
Snap,crackle,pop.............oops.

drhulsey
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by drhulsey »

Rictone wrote: Maybe it was just a small block?
The size of your block doesn't matter :!: The important thing is, YOU WON hurray And think of the story you'll be able to tell your grandchildren :!: Well, maybe not the part about going to jail :oops:
0 x