- Occasional poster
- Posts: 156
- Joined: Tue 01/24/06 2:00 am
- Location: Jerusalem, Israel
First, I've got a PT from a radio which was delivering about 182mA from 250V secondary (no CT) and ~4A of 6.3V.
The OT is a somewhat beefy EL84 PP tranny.
The power tubes are 6BG6GA which are 6L6's with different pinout.
With approximately 280V B+ I want to get a nice low distortion class A 18-20W TMB guitar amp.
For preamp I wanted to use different metal envelope tubes (for aesthetic and avaliability reasons), and my inventory features a couple of 6SJ7's, 6C5's and one 6SC7.
Here's a preliminary scheme:
The questions are:
- I'm not sure about the preamp, comments welcome
- I need a bias pot (I have 2W 100ohm srewdriver pot for this) somewhere: where?
- Will the OT smoke???
- Builder, Admin
- Posts: 14987
- Joined: Wed 03/19/03 2:00 am
- Location: YYZ