Marshall JCM 800 blowing fuses

General Tech Discussion - Anything amp-ish goes!

Moderators: CurtissRobin, colossal, zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon

ZeroPointEnergy

Re: Marshall JCM 800 blowing fuses

Post by ZeroPointEnergy »

crgfrench wrote:
Thu 06/11/20 1:03 pm
ZeroPointEnergy wrote:
Thu 06/11/20 6:00 am
I like Telefunkin better. I hear JJ owns them.
I'm pretty sure JJ owns Tesla.
Daimler sold Telefunken to Tech Sym Corp. in 1995. The current tube production unit seems to have been purchased by a US company in 2000, called "Telefunken USA" which is based in Connecticut and was renamed "Telefunken Elektroakustik" in 2009. They seem to only be focused on microphone reproductions. The tubes, if they are still manufactured, seem to be made in Germany if they are still making them -- they seem to have ceased production of tubes in either 2005 or 2013. Perhaps JJ bought them out of the insolvency of Telefunken?
I see, these tubes may be recent limited quantities production and is no longer in production as they did not show quite the same options as they do with standard production tubes. These tubes arrived with foam on the inside, even with the preamp tube. Super protected, and they sound fabulous.

I felt lucky having them. Thanks much for the ownership background. I was not sure about it, as the comment was handed to me, kinda as a passing comment. Maybe you also infer they were concentrating on microphone application for tubes as well. I had to guess if it was well suited for guitar amps, because the description was kinda vague if it was good for guitarists and mic preamps alike, but I bought it anyway. So glad I did. Made the best upgrades to the tone.
2 x