Loy Dockery here! (you know... the missing Dockery Amps guy)

The place to discuss 18W-related ampfests, get-togethers, gigs, etc. These should be of interest specifically to 18watt.com members.

Moderators: JMPGuitars, zaphod_phil, CurtissRobin, rock_mumbles

loyjdockery
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Loy Dockery here! (you know... the missing Dockery Amps guy)

Post by loyjdockery »

A little (just kidding!, long) explanation for my absence here... if you care to know

I see some people have noticed that I've not been so great on customer service lately. Now, I should have almost everything out to everyone and their e-mails answered. I've been pretty bogged down lately and I'll tell you why.

I moved here (Bremerton, WA) from Vancouver, WA around the middle of June. This was because I got a job here at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard working full time as Nuclear Engineer (but really, I'm mechanical).

Unfortunately, due to many delays in my house closing I wasn't able to get into my house for another couple weeks. For about a week there, I stayed at a hotel, then another week I stayed at a co-worker's house. All the while, just about ready to kill my lender (many silly reasons for delays... but anyway). Okay, so then I got into my house.

Another week or two later, I got all my business stuff! This had been missing since I moved over because the government had most of my possessions, since they were moving it for me and I had no place to it. And, I had no access to any of it. That put a real nasty kink in my program. Luckily, I brought some parts/kits to get me by.

Then, I had to get internet. That took a while. Then, it got cut off 2-3 weeks after I got it up and running. So, then it took another week to get it again. All the while, I'm working at a Navy facility (as a civilian FYI) which doesn't give me access to gmail, my e-mail account.

So, then once I got internet back, and my house going, and my parts all back to where I can access them, I had to play a lot of catch up.

All in all, it's a long story, but I hope that can explain why I've been so spotty on e-mails. I've also been 2-3 weeks later than I like to be on shipping kits (which I like to ship them out within 2-3 days in most cases).

Why tell everyone here? I thought everyone liked me so much (note: sarcasm in effect) that they'd miss me! Also, I noticed some customers where asking about me earlier, so I thought I'd make a post for anyone to see.

And now, I'm in more of a routine and can start participating in this forum again.

:D
Last edited by loyjdockery on Sun 08/31/08 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Loy Dockery
Dockery Amps
http://www.dockeryamps.com

loyjdockery
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by loyjdockery »

More about the new situation (personal stuff, you know)

By the way, Bremerton's a great place to be!! It's a small town, mostly based around the shipyard, with Seattle right next door. The weather's a bit more temperate than Vancouver, WA plus it's a bit more windy. Me and Mallory (my wife) went and visited Experience the Music Project, which all sorts of lovely old guitars/amps (especially Jimi Hendrix stuff).

We're now in a house, instead of an apartment, which is just perfect for us and a baby. It's a 1929 house, in great shape, with plenty of room. Awesome craftsman styling on the inside with high ceilings and plenty of arches, lots of glass door knobs, windows, and doors (when compared to 70s ranch style houses). Plus, we own it :) :) :)

Last but not least, Mallory and I are going to have a baby!!! Estimated due date of around April. We're really excited!!

:D :) :lol: :P :wink:
0 x
Loy Dockery
Dockery Amps
http://www.dockeryamps.com

CurtissRobin
Senior Amp Tech
Senior Amp Tech

Post by CurtissRobin »

Welcome back, Loy. Vancouver to Bremerton is far enough that the posse probably tired and stopped before they caught up with you. Here's hoping life resumes normalcy and stability for you (and your customers). And 'grats on the impending li'l one.

KennyO
0 x

brassman
Unrated

cool

Post by brassman »

hey i live in oak harbor. bremerton is a pretty nice place
0 x

gman_283

Post by gman_283 »

Congrats on the baby. Life will never be the same! =)
0 x

stanb

Post by stanb »

Loy glad your still with us , funny how life just happen , no matter what we plan. I stopped making plans and just stick to goals with many ways to get there. Congrats on the baby!!! I had three ,youngest is now 20.
didn't plan for any of them , they are all gifts from God.

stanb
0 x

Graydon
Admin, Charter Member
Admin, Charter Member

Post by Graydon »

Loy,

Congrats on the new baby! That is great! I have four boys who are really wonderful.

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you're back to normal. Moves can be tough.
0 x
Sincerely,
Graydon Stuckey
www.gdsamps.com
www.guytron.com