First-time build, how does it look before I test & fire

18watt-specific Tech Talk - Building, Fixing, Parts, Mods...

Moderators: CurtissRobin, colossal, zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon

BrianH
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

First-time build, how does it look before I test & fire

Post by BrianH »

The only thing missing that I know of is a wire off of V3, pin 7. Aside from that, does anything glaringly stand out as being wrong?

It's almost entirely built from one of Graydon's (awesome) kits, aside from the Mallorys and the two Allen Bradley 100Ks.

Again, I haven't run through any final tests or anything. Man, I'm nervous that it'll work.

In addition to the pics below, there are a bunch more at: http://www.kurtsequipment.com/18w

Thanks for any input!
Brian
0 x

BrianH
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by BrianH »

Ah, Graydon's already helped me on a couple errors, including a misplaced wire from the indicator lamp.
0 x

Ballz
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by Ballz »

A nice and tidy build, a lot better than mine :oops: - but (just a friendly tip): The white wiring is beautiful, but oh so hard to troubleshoot?

Just an idea...I use red for all B+, black for ground, brown for cathodes, orange for inter-stage signal paths and green and blue for the rest (whatever that is) plus twisted black/green for heaters - and even if this ain´t standard either, it has helped me a lot..dunno with the rest of you guys.

As stated before - nice build 8)

Cheers /Richard
0 x

zaphod_phil
Builder, Admin
Builder, Admin

Post by zaphod_phil »

Don't forget to run through this first-power-up procedure, http://www.rubyamps.com/info.html#FirstPowerUp
0 x

BrianH
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by BrianH »

Thanks, guys!
0 x