18watt circuits 101 site?

18watt-specific Tech Talk - Building, Fixing, Parts, Mods...

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

Theo

18watt circuits 101 site?

Post by Theo »

Hi,

I'm a rookie here, and am just finishing the cabinet for my first 18watt build, which i'm modding and fine tuning for my likings.

I'm using a lot of time on searching for different mods, trying to get an understanding of the 18watt circuit.

So i thought that it would maybe be an idea to make an 18watt ciruits 101 site, just as Clay Finley's done for the old non masters.
http://marshall.redpt.com/clay/marshall ... s_101.html

That site has helped me greatly in modding my old super lead.

So it would be a web-site for discribing the circuit, and the mods that's already been described on this forum.?

I'm a few month away from being a Civil Ingineer in Computers, so i will gladly help with constructing the site :)

But i don't know anyway near enough about the 18watter to do the info for the site :)

What do you think?

Theo
0 x

bradleyt

Post by bradleyt »

Try the Valve Wizard site at http://www.valvewizard.co.uk/

There are technical descriptions of the sections that make up an amp that can be related to the 18Watt.
0 x

tarzanalog
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by tarzanalog »

There's also a great book by Dave Hunter on Backbeat Books that's called The Guitar Amp Handbook that walks through circuit variations and what the sonic effect is by making changes. It's a good Read .
0 x

Theo

Post by Theo »

Thanks guys.
I will look into those.

But i was thinking more of a space with all the direct info about the 18watter and mods people have tried and suggested combined.

So that everybody didn't have to invent the mods again.

Sort of a listing of the particularities of this circuit, and the known mods. in one place.

Is it a bad / good idea?

Theo
0 x