TMB CASCADE CLIFF JACK SWITCHING

18watt-specific Tech Talk - Building, Fixing, Parts, Mods...

Moderators: CurtissRobin, colossal, zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon

ny_racer_xxx
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

TMB CASCADE CLIFF JACK SWITCHING

Post by ny_racer_xxx »

Hello, everyone, it's been a while, I built a couple of TMB's, and ended up back with my first one that sounded the best!!!

My question is, I was going to build a JCM800 2204 style, I keep talking myself out of it, I just don't need another amp, or even anything that loud...

So I had an idea......

At one point I had a 1 wire mod done to the original TMB I built, and I put it back, because I didn't like the toggle switch, etc, etc, but it sounded good....

Does anybody know of an easy way to do the one mod using the Cliff jacks to switch it??

ie, top jack be the full on cascade, bottom jack would be the straight TMB?

Chris...
0 x

JMPGuitars
Super Duper Admin
Super Duper Admin

Re: TMB CASCADE CLIFF JACK SWITCHING

Post by JMPGuitars »

There's a number of cascade mods for these amps. Including variations of "one wire" versions. Knowing which TMB schematic you used, and which mod version you did would help answer your question.

Thanks,
Josh
0 x
'I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious.' - Steven Wright

Modern Ground Schemes
Soldering Technique
B+ Voltage Reduction
Amplifier Tools & Parts Info

Web Design: DolceVittoria.com
Guitars / Amps / Effects: JMPGuitars.com
(anti)Social: Facebook · Instagram
Items for Sale

ny_racer_xxx
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Re: TMB CASCADE CLIFF JACK SWITCHING

Post by ny_racer_xxx »

Thanks for the reply, I think I have it figured out...

I'm using the Ceriatone TMB layout, should be pretty the same as Richie's layout, pretty much every TMB layout is the same from what I've seen, maybe differences in values.

As far as I knew, a one wire mod, is a one wire mod??? You're boosting the TMB channel with the normal channel??

Sorry, I thought it was self explanatory....

Anyway, looking over the JCM800 2204 layout, the jacks wiring scheme should do what I want, when I get a chance to test it, I'll report back...

CR
0 x