Help w/ Mojo 18 Watt TMB

18watt-specific Tech Talk - Building, Fixing, Parts, Mods...

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

Kfolk
Unrated

Help w/ Mojo 18 Watt TMB

Post by Kfolk »

I recently completed a build of a Mojotone 18 Watt TMB kit according to the 4/21/19 Layout. After completing the build i was only getting sound out of my top input. after reaching out to mojotone and no response for 2 weeks i came across this forum looking for answers. i did some of the fixes i found and now get sound out of all three inputs. but it's still not quite as loud as it should be. So i checked my voltages based on the voltage chart and my Rectifier (V6) matched up but my Output tube sockets (V4/V5) do not. they were initially low with Pin 7/9 being in the mid 200's and now checking it they're sitting around 419v DC. could anyone point me in the right direction, is it just bad solder joints somewhere in the circuit or on the pins?
0 x

Daviedawg
Superior Amp Tech
Superior Amp Tech

Re: Help w/ Mojo 18 Watt TMB

Post by Daviedawg »

Welcome to 18 watt. We will help as much as we can.

First would you post a full set of voltages and some pics. When the existing voltages are seen it is easier to seek other information to try to diagnose any issues.

Dd
0 x

Kfolk
Unrated

Post by Kfolk »

I the voltages i had originally been concerned about changed after testing with the tubes in however some of my voltages are way off from the original sheet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

Daviedawg
Superior Amp Tech
Superior Amp Tech

Post by Daviedawg »

My initial reaction to your voltages is that your preamp valves (V1 and 2) and your output valves are in the right realms but your V3 PI values do not look right, specifically pin 2. I have not built a TMB so have no direct comparisons. So maybe someone with TMB records can comment.

BTW on the standard sheet V2 is the PI.

Meantime you could look at the connections at pin 2 from the resistor, pot and coupling cap.

I hope that helps.

Dd
0 x

geoff 1965
Verbose poster
Verbose poster

Post by geoff 1965 »

hello,
it looks like you have 2 wires misplaced at the phase inverter turrets,the yellow wire from pins 3&8 should go to the centre "820 ohm" resistor and the green wire from"pin 2" should go to the outer "470K/capacitor" turret
IMG_2399.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x