Building my first 18watt from the ground up.

18watt-specific Tech Talk - Building, Fixing, Parts, Mods...

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

spin

Re: Building my first 18watt from the ground up.

Post by spin »

JMPGuitars wrote:
Wed 09/18/19 5:29 am
Where did you get your faceplates from? BNPLasers retired, so I'm looking to try new places out.

Thanks,
Josh
I used http://www.frontpanelexpress.com/ for mine. They are kinda expensive from my understanding, I don't get a lot of faceplates made. I like how easy it is to do simple stuff with their CAD software, and ordering is done trough the software. It cost me about $55 for mine (anodized black 2mm aluminum with white filled etch), I would have been happier at about $30. I recall ordering one from mojotone for a fender champ 5 or so years ago and I want to say that cost $35-40, but it was plastic.
2 x
If practice makes perfect, and nobody is perfect, then why practice?

It hurts me to say this.. but.. follow me on facebook and.. :( instagram

colossal

Post by colossal »

JMPGuitars wrote:
Thu 09/19/19 6:35 pm
colossal wrote:
Thu 09/19/19 6:22 pm
Josh,

Check out Indcom Graphics. I've had them do laser and dye sublimation work. They are easy to work with, the price is right, and the quality is high. I miss Jeanne though at BNP. Her stuff was impeccable.
Awesome, thanks, I'll check them out. Any photos of the stuff they did for you?

BNP was awesome.

Thanks,
Josh
Josh, sorry for the late reply on this. Here is an example of dye sublimation (top) and laser marking on gold Alumimark (bottom). Sorry it's not a good photo to show the detail of the print quality. I find the dye sub to have a faint blur to the edges (which irks me slightly), a little less crisp than the laser mark. But you can print literally anything onto most anything with dye sublimation, in full color.
indcom.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x

crgfrench
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by crgfrench »

Thanks Tommy, I am liking the Schaeffer FrontDesign program. Here is my anodized Tweed Deluxe panel design for the Hellhound. It's $82 as designed here, a little steep but I'm giving it a shot.
Yes, "these go to 144".
FrontPanel.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x