Where to Install Mojotone Effects loop wires in 18 Watt Build Help

18watt-specific Tech Talk - Building, Fixing, Parts, Mods...

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

Yamariv

Where to Install Mojotone Effects loop wires in 18 Watt Build Help

Post by Yamariv »

Need a huge favor from you 18 Watt Gurus!..

I'm almost done building my Tube Depot 18 Watt amp and decided to order a Mojotone effects loop so that I can use it for live playing and put an EQ pedal in there to have an effective solo boost. Just thinking ahead to make this an all around amp.

I'm great at soldering and following diagrams but reading schematics and designing circuits is not my thing (yet). I've attached the layout I used for the Tube Depot 18 Watt below and the Mojo Tone effects loop instructions. Can someone PLEASE help and tell me where to actually install the the effects loop wires onto the build? Maybe by drawing the wires right over the build layout for me :) Just thinking that would be the easiest way for me to understand it. Thank you SOO much for any help with this!! Cheers!
1818Watt.jpg
Mojotone FX Loop Ver 2 Install Manual.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

Yamariv

Re: Where to Install Mojotone Effects loop wires in 18 Watt Build Help

Post by Yamariv »

Here's the instructions to make it a little easier than clicking the link :D
Mojotone Schematic (1).png
Mojotone Schematic (2).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

Daviedawg
Superior Amp Tech
Superior Amp Tech

Post by Daviedawg »

No problem with helping you with this but those instructions are for a TMB style amp. Can you post a schematic of the amp you have built which will make it easier for us to advise you?

Dd
1 x

Yamariv

Post by Yamariv »

Awesome, thank you soo much! Schematic attached below :D
Screenshot (24).png
0 x

Yamariv

Post by Yamariv »

Anyone able to help me with this, just about to finish up the other things on the amp! :D Thanks in advance, very much appreciated, cheers!
0 x

Daviedawg
Superior Amp Tech
Superior Amp Tech

Post by Daviedawg »

You have two channels which both need connections. I started answering this but there seems to be different labels on the schematic and layout.
So I will explain how I would do it. The process directs the signal to the fx after the tone control and before the volume pot in each case. You should see if that coincides with what your kit instructions say before doing anything.
Normal channel. Disconnect the C3 connection wire and the resistor linking to the tone pot from the Volume pot. Connect the send leg to the C3 and resistor joined legs. How you do that depends on what your kit gives you. But it should be secure not floating in mid air. Connect the return to the now spare tab 3 on the pot.
Same idea on the Trem channel but just disconnect the wire on tab 3 of the pot. Connect that wire to the send and the return goes to the spare spot on the pot.
If in doubt you can tell us more about the kit.

Dd
1 x

crgfrench
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by crgfrench »

I would ask Rob Hull at TD that question directly.
1 x