BYOC wiring discrepancy

18watt-specific Tech Talk - Building, Fixing, Parts, Mods...

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

vanfusion
Unrated

BYOC wiring discrepancy

Post by vanfusion »

In the Build your own Clone TMB 18W instructions on page 96, it says to connect the brown wire from the 470K/.0047uF junction to pin 7 of the 2nd ECC83 socket. And on page 98 it says to connect the yellow wire from the 470k/.01uF junction to pin 2 of that socket. The finished layout shows these reversed. Does this make any difference?
Thanks.
Bob
0 x

Bieworm
Verbose Moderator
Verbose Moderator

Re: BYOC wiring discrepancy

Post by Bieworm »

Search the downloads section here..
If you can find a JMPguitars version of that lay-out.. follow that one. They're very clear and well thought over documents. Follow those grounding schemes, they're tried and tested and definitly avoiding possible trouble and unwanted noise

Is it your first 18 watt build?

According to the layout I have pin 2 goes to the volume of the TMB channel, thus the junction of .0047uf and 470k. Pin 7 to the normal channel on the junction of .01uf and 470k
0 x
"THIS should be played at high volume..preferably in a residential area"

vanfusion
Unrated

Post by vanfusion »

This is my first TMB build. I've done a couple Fender clones.
It looks like the schematic is wired like you said. Pin 2 goes to the volume of the TMB channel, thus the junction of .0047uf and 470k. Pin 7 to the normal channel on the junction of .01uf and 470k. That's how the layout on page 113 of the instructions show.
I also see the instructions aren't available now on the website. I get a 404 error.
0 x

Bieworm
Verbose Moderator
Verbose Moderator

Post by Bieworm »

vanfusion wrote:
Tue 05/26/20 11:58 am
This is my first TMB build. I've done a couple Fender clones.
It looks like the schematic is wired like you said. Pin 2 goes to the volume of the TMB channel, thus the junction of .0047uf and 470k. Pin 7 to the normal channel on the junction of .01uf and 470k. That's how the layout on page 113 of the instructions show.
I also see the instructions aren't available now on the website. I get a 404 error.
What's your goal in building the TMB? If you like OD very early on the dial I can strongly recommend the TMB tremolo. It's a single channel 18 watt with tremolo. I like it way more than the usual TMB or the classic. I used the knobs that were supposed to be used for the normal channel for trem speed and depth
0 x
"THIS should be played at high volume..preferably in a residential area"