chassis pdf

18watt-specific Tech Talk - Building, Fixing, Parts, Mods...

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

friartuck
Unrated

chassis pdf

Post by friartuck »

Hey guys, noobie here. I ran across this forum while searching for a pdf of a Marshall 18watt TMB chassis. I've been sourcing my parts for a new build and I wanted to bend my own chassis as I can do metal work and save a few bucks. I appreciate any help and wish everyone well.
0 x

Bieworm
Verbose Moderator
Verbose Moderator

Re: chassis pdf

Post by Bieworm »

If you were in it for the challenge, rather than saving bucks...I'd be totally on the same team... but if you really are trying to save bucks by building your own chassis, then I wonder if you are going to save on quality transformers, tubes, components... doing that would be a bad idea. Those 18 watts are due to the simplicity of the circuit really picky on the choice of parts. In this amp you really hear if things are finicky or not..

I built the chassis of my lamington reverb, because there is no standard chassis for it. There is only a schematic online. That's it..

Don't know how much you pay for a chassis, but I buy them for less than 20€
https://www.tube-town.net/ttstore/tt-ch ... -x-65.html

But if you really want to go for it, this thread might help?https://www.trinityamps.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=12119

There is a drawing here too somewhere:
https://www.amplifiedparts.com/products ... 8-watt-tmb
0 x
"THIS should be played at high volume..preferably in a residential area"

JMPGuitars
Super Duper Admin
Super Duper Admin

Post by JMPGuitars »

Hi, welcome to the site!

Here are some docs for the chassis in our Download section: viewtopic.php?p=246015#p246015

Thanks,
Josh
0 x
'I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious.' - Steven Wright

Modern Ground Schemes
Soldering Technique
B+ Voltage Reduction
Amplifier Tools & Parts Info

Web Design: DolceVittoria.com
Guitars / Amps / Effects: JMPGuitars.com
(anti)Social: Facebook · Instagram
Items for Sale

friartuck
Unrated

Post by friartuck »

This is what I'm looking for; thanks bunches!
1 x

friartuck
Unrated

Post by friartuck »

--then I wonder if you are going to save on quality transformers, tubes, components... doing that would be a bad idea.--

No, I don't think I mentioned anything about cheaping out on components. I have skills to fabricate and I'm also a retired cabinet builder for residential housing and commercial buildings. Not to mention a shop with all types of machines (except ones to make caps, res, tubes sockets, etc). Why would I want to buy something I can make just as good or better?
2 x

JMPGuitars
Super Duper Admin
Super Duper Admin

Post by JMPGuitars »

friartuck wrote:
Sat 06/27/20 1:07 pm
This is what I'm looking for; thanks bunches!
No problem! Do yourself a favor and look at the build docs in our downloads section: viewforum.php?f=25

There's a lot of poorly made / poorly designed TMB docs out there, it's better to stick with the versions we use, and can more easily help you with when the time comes.

Thanks,
Josh
0 x
'I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious.' - Steven Wright

Modern Ground Schemes
Soldering Technique
B+ Voltage Reduction
Amplifier Tools & Parts Info

Web Design: DolceVittoria.com
Guitars / Amps / Effects: JMPGuitars.com
(anti)Social: Facebook · Instagram
Items for Sale

Bieworm
Verbose Moderator
Verbose Moderator

Post by Bieworm »

friartuck wrote:
Sat 06/27/20 1:16 pm
--then I wonder if you are going to save on quality transformers, tubes, components... doing that would be a bad idea.--

No, I don't think I mentioned anything about cheaping out on components. I have skills to fabricate and I'm also a retired cabinet builder for residential housing and commercial buildings. Not to mention a shop with all types of machines (except ones to make caps, res, tubes sockets, etc). Why would I want to buy something I can make just as good or better?
What I said.. DIY because you can ;) not to save out

The "saving a few bucks-part" put me on the wrong track. I did not mean to offend you.. I was just a little concerned you might be saving out on essentials too and end up with a non-satisfying build.. that's all.

Maybe I should do more reading, less writing and keep my opinions for myself. Sorry guys😑
1 x
"THIS should be played at high volume..preferably in a residential area"

crgfrench
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by crgfrench »

There are also PDFs with extremely detailed chassis dimensions available on the Weber website.
0 x