Can I use 60watts speakers with 18W British Amp

18watt-specific Tech Talk - Building, Fixing, Parts, Mods...

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

JMPGuitars
Super Duper Admin
Super Duper Admin

Re: Can I use 60watts speakers with 18W British Amp

Post by JMPGuitars »

davemojo wrote:
Fri 01/22/21 4:36 am
the thing to keep in mind is that the production moved to china purely based on cost, same machines used to make them and so on. There is literally no difference.
That's basically what I said above. They raised the price of the speaker and dropped the production cost. But now compare those speakers to other brands in a double blind A/B test and see who wins.
1 x
'I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious.' - Steven Wright

Modern Ground Schemes
Soldering Technique
B+ Voltage Reduction
Amplifier Tools & Parts Info

Web Design: DolceVittoria.com
Guitars / Amps / Effects: JMPGuitars.com
(anti)Social: Facebook · Instagram
Items for Sale

davemojo
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Re: Can I use 60watts speakers with 18W British Amp

Post by davemojo »

JMPGuitars wrote:
Fri 01/22/21 6:58 am
davemojo wrote:
Fri 01/22/21 4:36 am
the thing to keep in mind is that the production moved to china purely based on cost, same machines used to make them and so on. There is literally no difference.
That's basically what I said above. They raised the price of the speaker and dropped the production cost. But now compare those speakers to other brands in a double blind A/B test and see who wins.
Yes got it, that is something I haven't done yet, I didn't compare other brands with Celestion will check, probably I have to spend some money over time starting with something, and replacing it with another brand and again and again until i find what best suite my taste, also the Organ etc... will see thanks, with all those comments I know more for sure :-)
1 x
Davide Violante
Rockers&Rocks
www.rockers.rocks