power scaling

18watt-specific Tech Talk - Building, Fixing, Parts, Mods...

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

JonFrum
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by JonFrum »

Kevin

Thanks for the comments. I always appreciate hearing from the source. If I build a higer power amp, I'll seriously consider Power Scaling.
0 x

chainsawmillerman
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by chainsawmillerman »

Now I'm wondering If I could divide the power to the preamp and power somehow? Any ideas? I don't have Kevins tut#2 although I may have to purchase it soon.Speaking of books I'm waiting for my copy of Gar's new book Tubes amps as Gar see's it (i think thats what it's called, He's from my neck of the woods) Here's a couple of pics of the Laney circuit from Kevin's tut # 3 I built
0 x

chainsawmillerman
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

I realized most of you would'nt know who Gar is. He is the Ampmiester of Garnet Amplification. The creator of the Herzog and the BTO (Big Time Operator) head. I'm looking forward to this read. You can check it out at www.garnetamps.org. This dude is eighty plus years old and still running an amp repair shop.
0 x

chainsawmillerman
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Do a search on intellectual property.
0 x

chainsawmillerman
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

It was not my intention to insult you. Sorry if I did. I think Mr Oconnor was not worried so much about quotes ,as schematics and layouts of his power scaling circuits being posted here.
0 x

chainsawmillerman
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

I think Mr Oconnor is interested in furthering guitar amplification and if he took the small minded approach and oozed epoxy over his circuits it would be doing little for anyone.By taking the other approach and publishing his work, is it then open for anyone to post freely on the internet? Common sense seems to suggest not. I think thats why he made reference to honor. What would you guys do if you came up with the idea? I think most of us would magically begin to feel it was not right to post the schematic on the net. If the book is in the library people can take the book out one at a time. In a public forum to post the schem ? There's clearly a difference.
0 x