Tayden Speakers (in UK)

Seeing and hearing is believing

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

guitarmike2107
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by guitarmike2107 »

well that’s a fair comment, since the greenback and v30 are so different.

I wonder how many of us could accurately guess what speaker is used in certain recordings played through crappy computer speaker in a double blind test ..not many I bet.
Would be a different thing with the cab in the room though.
:wink:
0 x

leslie
Transformer Guy

Post by leslie »

guitarmike2107 wrote:well that’s a fair comment, since the greenback and v30 are so different.

I wonder how many of us could accurately guess what speaker is used in certain recordings played through crappy computer speaker in a double blind test ..not many I bet.
Would be a different thing with the cab in the room though.
:wink:
Not so different in low watt amp (read info @watford page), through my speaker I clearly hear difference beetween greeny and V30 ha!
V30 have metallic bark at bass.

This might sound funny lol my left comp speaker is very lo-fi '57 alnico and it's purpose is to detect gizmo's, soundfiles like these...and I can say that I can hear small differences.
Obviously I have no money for studio monitors haha
Other than that.. J.J.Cale through it sounds great but it have problem with playing modern music!
I ain't lying lol :lol:
0 x

krx
Verbose poster
Verbose poster

Post by krx »

That speaker was born to be played in glorious MONO. :)

Nice grill cloth on that cabinet, too -- very "bluesbreaker." By the way, want a good laugh? Try http://www.bluesbreaker-pinstripe.com/. I can't tell if the guy is completely serious with all the hype or (I hope!) has his tongue a little bit in his cheek.
0 x

CurtissRobin
Senior Amp Tech
Senior Amp Tech

Post by CurtissRobin »

krx wrote:By the way, want a good laugh? Try http://www.bluesbreaker-pinstripe.com/. I can't tell if the guy is completely serious with all the hype or (I hope!) has his tongue a little bit in his cheek.
I'm out of breath just scrolling down that home page.

KennyO
0 x

leslie
Transformer Guy

Post by leslie »

krx wrote:
Nice grill cloth on that cabinet, too -- very "bluesbreaker." By the way, want a good laugh? Try http://www.bluesbreaker-pinstripe.com/. I can't tell if the guy is completely serious with all the hype or (I hope!) has his tongue a little bit in his cheek.
LoL I bought my grill cloth at Armani :lol:
0 x

Ferox
Unrated

Re: Tayden Speakers (in UK)

Post by Ferox »

Reviving an old thread ,I know !
I have a pair of Tayden True Brits in a 2x12 for my 18w TMB head,they sound really good ! Took a while to break in,they just seem to improve with use.
They`re two 8 ohms to give 16ohm load.
Good to support non far east production I think.
0 x