Tayden Speakers (in UK)

Seeing and hearing is believing

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

guitarmike2107
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by guitarmike2107 »

Thanks for that Leslie, Actually the Taydens sound pretty good on some of those recordings.. think I need to try a couple.
0 x

Deadwood
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by Deadwood »

Those recordings are useless, hel, on my computer speakers they all sounded pretty much the same. Compared to how really different they would sound in the flesh, with the added delay all over the solo tones it's just a wank to think you could make an informed decision.
0 x

leslie
Transformer Guy

Post by leslie »

Deadwood wrote:Those Recordings are useless, ****, on my computer speakers they all sounded pretty much the same. Compared to how really different they would sound in the flesh, with the added delay all over the solo tones it's just a wank to think you could make an informed decision.
Haha I agree with you, It seems that signal that passes through various equipment is not showing the raw natural side of speakers.
Lots of speakers can sound very good with mic placed few inches away..especially alnicos and low decibel models because they compress or don't howl at mic.
Capturing with distance mic in room will reveal much of the information that ear usually hears, but again nobody seems to do that :(
0 x

guitarmike2107
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by guitarmike2107 »

Deadwood wrote:Those recordings are useless, hel, on my computer speakers they all sounded pretty much the same. Compared to how really different they would sound in the flesh
Yeah of course , you could discredit it for so many reasons but there are subtle differences in the recordings, and yes through computer speaker it will never sound the same as in real life cranked, and who knows what the mixing guy has done with the sound .. but then most of the music you play through your computer speakers suffers the same fate…

IMHO It’s meant as a starting point to get a quick overview of all those speakers, and probably more useful than a written description written by marketing people which can be quite misleading i.e. based on the sounds of your favourite artists , when in fact they recorded with a wide range of amps/speaker.
Most of us don’t have access to all those speakers and never will, but as many threads on this forum attest people don’t want to spend big money on a speaker that they might not like.. maybe this type of media and others like it can help… a bit

Anyhow I did think when listening that some sounded rather shyte and that it needed a bigger range of tones and playing styles to compare, like a clean sound , chords no reverb etc but then you would have hundreds of sound samples to listen to.. Which is probably something the speaker manufactures should do not the retailer. i.e. I think the Jenson site has more sound samples…
And yes all speakers sound very different in real life, and work differently with different amps too, so maybe any comparison is useless until you have it in the exact cab with the right amp, already broken in and and cooking… But by that time you have already parted with your money!

Sorry I appear to be gifted in the “wild rant” department
:oops:
0 x

Deadwood
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by Deadwood »

guitarmike2107 wrote: Sorry I appear to be gifted in the “wild rant” department
:oops:
Hey Mike, I like a good rant myself :D
I think most folk are aware that sound samples are useless, be it amps, pickups, pedals, speakers, and whatever else is promo'd by a sample, pedal mods is another, anyone who has ever tried to capture a decent guitar tone knows it's not as easy as one would think, even in the big studios it's more a case of getting a good tone and not so much capturing what the ear hears, it's just so hard to do. Although, state of the art mics and a good room go a long way, the home recordist can only dream.
As far as what speaker should one buy, good luck, as you say, it's a very expensive quest and speakers are one of the bigger links in the tone chain. Anyway, we all know this so I won't blare on any longer except to go back to the Wattford samples, I'd hate to try and define the differences between a green back and a V30 using those samples 8O Just one eg.
0 x

guitarmike2107
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by guitarmike2107 »

well that’s a fair comment, since the greenback and v30 are so different.

I wonder how many of us could accurately guess what speaker is used in certain recordings played through crappy computer speaker in a double blind test ..not many I bet.
Would be a different thing with the cab in the room though.
:wink:
0 x

leslie
Transformer Guy

Post by leslie »

guitarmike2107 wrote:well that’s a fair comment, since the greenback and v30 are so different.

I wonder how many of us could accurately guess what speaker is used in certain recordings played through crappy computer speaker in a double blind test ..not many I bet.
Would be a different thing with the cab in the room though.
:wink:
Not so different in low watt amp (read info @watford page), through my speaker I clearly hear difference beetween greeny and V30 ha!
V30 have metallic bark at bass.

This might sound funny lol my left comp speaker is very lo-fi '57 alnico and it's purpose is to detect gizmo's, soundfiles like these...and I can say that I can hear small differences.
Obviously I have no money for studio monitors haha
Other than that.. J.J.Cale through it sounds great but it have problem with playing modern music!
I ain't lying lol :lol:
0 x

krx
Verbose poster
Verbose poster

Post by krx »

That speaker was born to be played in glorious MONO. :)

Nice grill cloth on that cabinet, too -- very "bluesbreaker." By the way, want a good laugh? Try http://www.bluesbreaker-pinstripe.com/. I can't tell if the guy is completely serious with all the hype or (I hope!) has his tongue a little bit in his cheek.
0 x

CurtissRobin
Senior Amp Tech
Senior Amp Tech

Post by CurtissRobin »

krx wrote:By the way, want a good laugh? Try http://www.bluesbreaker-pinstripe.com/. I can't tell if the guy is completely serious with all the hype or (I hope!) has his tongue a little bit in his cheek.
I'm out of breath just scrolling down that home page.

KennyO
0 x

leslie
Transformer Guy

Post by leslie »

krx wrote:
Nice grill cloth on that cabinet, too -- very "bluesbreaker." By the way, want a good laugh? Try http://www.bluesbreaker-pinstripe.com/. I can't tell if the guy is completely serious with all the hype or (I hope!) has his tongue a little bit in his cheek.
LoL I bought my grill cloth at Armani :lol:
0 x

Ferox
Unrated

Re: Tayden Speakers (in UK)

Post by Ferox »

Reviving an old thread ,I know !
I have a pair of Tayden True Brits in a 2x12 for my 18w TMB head,they sound really good ! Took a while to break in,they just seem to improve with use.
They`re two 8 ohms to give 16ohm load.
Good to support non far east production I think.
0 x