Scumback vs. Celestion

Seeing and hearing is believing

Moderators: CurtissRobin, colossal, zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon

Animal

Re: Scumback vs. Celestion

Post by Animal »

I think I just hate this Marshall cabinet. Sounds like crap as is. Used to love the soldano open back 2x12 maybe ill hook it back up. :)
0 x

AC Cobra

Post by AC Cobra »

Its good to see another guitar builder here. Sounds like you are also in a similar as me as far as family goes. If you want bass you need a sealed cab, and from my experance with subs more volume to the enclosure will give deeper bass. I personally prefer a open back cabs as they give more complex midrange, and more midrange volume. Problem with a open back is it is lacking bottom end for palm muting. Im planing on going with 1 open back and 1 closed 12, probably with diffrent voiced speakers.
I think I may know who you got your inlays from, but i would say dont do shell for the logo on the amp, i think at the size required it wouldnt look that good. And laminated sheets are really expencive. I was thinking about engraving plexi and pointing white led's through it. The other option sounds great as well and would look really pro.
Did you ever concider doing the cab out of hardwood? Thats what im thinking about, although im more worried about tone at this point as im prety sure i can make it look good.
The vvr sounds like a good option, and I plan on using it on my build. I also wonder is switchable negitive feedback would help get the cleans louder when playing with a drummer. Feedback from someone with experence on this would be appreciated.
Enjoy the project and the tone!!
0 x

BackwoodsJoe

Post by BackwoodsJoe »

I've been using WGS speakers lately. They sound just as good for a third of the price! :D
0 x