Hablo's Incredible 18w

Seeing and hearing is believing

Moderators: CurtissRobin, colossal, zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon

G_S
Unrated

Hablo's Incredible 18w

Post by G_S »

That has to be the most beautiful amp I've ever seen. Where can I get the gold grill cloth and the navy blue/purple tolex? It looks absolutely stunning.
0 x

HwyChile

Post by HwyChile »

Isn't that an original amp? If so, I doubt that you will be able to find any grillcloth that looks like that color. The reissue bluesbreaker cloth is silver.
0 x

G_S
Unrated

Post by G_S »

He had to get his supplies from somewhere, I need to know where. BTW, I don't plan on buying an BB reissues.
0 x

GlennG

Post by GlennG »

Hablo`s amp was manufactured by Marshall in England, it is a real Marshall 18 Watt amp and not a clone. The availability of the grill cloth might be a hard find, but if your very resouceful, who knows you may luck out.

Best of Luck
Glenn Gertis
0 x

SpentMusic
Admin, Charter Member
Admin, Charter Member

Original Bronw grill cloth

Post by SpentMusic »

Hablo's amp has the very rare brown pinstrip cloth that came for a short time in the mid to late 60's. You can find it every now and then. A 12 foot piece of original cloth was offered to me about 2 months ago for the going price of over 1,500 US + shipping from the UK. They would not cut it into smaller pieces.

Jeff Swanson
SpentMusic, Inc.

PS - I believe the amp is actually black levant. The color just makes it look royal blue. I've never seen one that color but who knows.
0 x

G_S
Unrated

Post by G_S »

I seen a site for a place in texas that sells grill cloths in "hundreds of colors." unfortunately they won't take mail orders. :( I'll keep looking.

Thanks..
0 x

SpentMusic
Admin, Charter Member
Admin, Charter Member

Texas grill cloth site

Post by SpentMusic »

G_S,

What is the name of the place if you don't mind sharing?

Thanks,

Jeff Swanson
SpentMusic, Inc.
0 x