Mark Durham Memorial 18watt Raffle

In memory of Mark

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Graydon

SoZo
Unrated

Post by SoZo »

I have donated cash to his family, but I will happily donate caps or help in any other way I can.... Moderators, Please email me at mail@sozoamplification.com.
0 x

tw001_tw
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by tw001_tw »

I think what a lot of people here are wating for is an address to ship parts too.
Wouldn't a physical inventory help organization?
(or did I miss the address some where?)
just a thought.
--tw
0 x

dartanion
Extremely Active Poster!
Extremely Active Poster!

Post by dartanion »

tw001_tw wrote:I think what a lot of people here are wating for is an address to ship parts too.
Wouldn't a physical inventory help organization?
(or did I miss the address some where?)
just a thought.
--tw
We are working out these details at this moment. It appears as though we'll have enough donated parts to build 3 18watters, so we are deciding who will be the builders. Once this is determined, we will notify the donaters of where to send parts. This eliminates sending everything to one location, then having to ship the parts again to the builders.

Hope this makes sense to everyone. We should have this all figured out soon.

Kind regards,
Darin
0 x

PaulRuby
The MAN

Face plates for 18W chassis?

Post by PaulRuby »

I have an 18W chassis on the bench I bought eons ago. The face plates were destroyed in shipping. I can finish off this chassis and donate it to the cause if desired. I do not have a cab...

Since the face plates need replaced, maybe a custom set of plates made specifically for the cause would be good? Or should they just be standard? Either way, I need to get faceplates to finish the build.
0 x

dartanion
Extremely Active Poster!
Extremely Active Poster!

Post by dartanion »

Thanks again Paul!!!

The JTM45 head cab is also very much appreciated.
0 x

SouthbayAmpworks

Post by SouthbayAmpworks »

Just noticed this thread. Let me know if I can help in any way, $$$ or speakers, something....thanks.
Jim Seavall
Southbay Ampworks
0 x
Southbay Ampworks - Scumback Speakers
When your guitar tone is important to your mental health.
Jim Seavall 310-833-6632
www.southbayampworks.com/speakers.html

dartanion
Extremely Active Poster!
Extremely Active Poster!

Post by dartanion »

SouthbayAmpworks wrote:Just noticed this thread. Let me know if I can help in any way, $$$ or speakers, something....thanks.
Jim Seavall
Southbay Ampworks
Since Paul so graciously donated a head cab for the JTM45, I will be building a 212 cab to match it. Do you have 2 12"ers that would mate well with at JTM45?

Thanks again for you generous offer.
0 x

SouthbayAmpworks

dartanion wrote:
SouthbayAmpworks wrote:Just noticed this thread. Let me know if I can help in any way, $$$ or speakers, something....thanks.
Jim Seavall
Southbay Ampworks
Since Paul so graciously donated a head cab for the JTM45, I will be building a 212 cab to match it. Do you have 2 12"ers that would mate well with at JTM45?

Thanks again for you generous offer.
I have speakers all over the place, actually, but everyone's idea of what is the best tone is subjective. How about when the raffle/giveaway or whatever is dialed in, we let the winner say what he wants and I'll ship them out? That way the winner gets what they want. Wouldn't that make the most sense?
0 x
Jim Seavall 310-833-6632

dartanion
Extremely Active Poster!
Extremely Active Poster!

Post by dartanion »

I hear where you're coming from, but I think it would be logistically challenging. It would be easiest to have the cab complete with speakers installed so we can advertise the details on the raffle. It is also helpful for me to have the speakers on hand for fitting. I wouldn't want to build a cab that the speakers didn't fit in.

Thanks again for the offer, and feel free to choose what you think would be a good combo for this amp.
0 x

SouthbayAmpworks

dartanion, shoot me an email, OK? My idea was to say "Select a pair of Scumbacks" for the winner...lots of folks like H magnet models, some like M's, some prefer 75hz, some 55, some like the large dustcap models.

If the amp is a true JTM 45, then it would put out 30-45 watts and any speaker would work. But if it's a later solid state rectifier type, it would put out more wattage and a 2x12 might need higher power handling speakers to handle the head.

If the people involved in this can shoot me an email so I can get it dialed in, that would solve alot of this. I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow, so it's best to reach me at:
sales@southbayampworks.com
0 x
Jim Seavall 310-833-6632

wiggle
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by wiggle »

Dartanion

I have a 16ohm greenback that is extra.

i might be able to find another one in a day or two.

Where should the amp or the speaker go?

Please email as I cant find your email

or 214-869-1121

travisbranson@comcast.net
0 x

dartanion
Extremely Active Poster!
Extremely Active Poster!

Post by dartanion »

Hey Wiggle,

I just sent you message, as well as the one from earlier today. Check your spam or filtered mail as I use a yahoo.com account.

dartanion69 at yahoo dot com
0 x

nanook
Unrated

Post by nanook »

I'd be in on a raffle.
0 x

lakesailor
Unrated

shipping costs

Post by lakesailor »

In gratitude for what you are all doing for the Durham family, I will happily cover the cost of shipping to the raffle (door prize) winner(s).
0 x

Graydon
Admin, Charter Member
Admin, Charter Member

Post by Graydon »

Guys,

Thanks again for all your effort to make this happen. Bill Bender, Dartanion, and myself are working on a system that will make it very easy to coordinate the efforts of the "builders" and the "donaters". As soon as Bill works out the bugs (not many actually, it works really well so far) we'll put it up and let you guys loose on it.

Also, I think that we will include existing donations as raffle entries so those of you that have already donated cash to the paypal link will be credited an appropriate number of raffle tickets according to how much money you donated.

So, for those of you that may have been waiting to purchase raffle tickets, please go ahead and donate to the paypal link and if possible, do so in units of $10.

Thank you very much.
0 x
Sincerely,
Graydon Stuckey
www.gdsamps.com
www.guytron.com

dartanion
Extremely Active Poster!
Extremely Active Poster!

Post by dartanion »

Graydon,

Is this going to be the official way to purchase raffle tickets? If so, can we publicize it?
0 x

Graydon
Admin, Charter Member
Admin, Charter Member

Post by Graydon »

Yes, that will be the "official" way to buy tickets. I'll ask Bill to add something to the description to that affect.

We should make it public too.
0 x
Sincerely,
Graydon Stuckey
www.gdsamps.com
www.guytron.com

JoeV
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by JoeV »

I'm up for donating a grille cloth with his photo on it, if you still need it....
0 x
Joe V.
www.amplates.com
Custom Faceplates for DIY Guitar Amplifiers
...and Photo Grille Cloth, too!

smokingun

Post by smokingun »

I have a Tweed Deluxe unfinished combo cabinet that I bought from one of the forum members. It is very nice. I will donate it or if someone wants to buy it they can send the money through the pay pal account to the 18watt community and I will make that as a donation. In addition I will make a personal donation. Any suggestions would be helpful.
God Bless the Durham family
0 x

smokingun

Post by smokingun »

Sorry I forgot to price the cabinet. I have paid $90.00 for the cabinet and shipping. I will ship it free of charge to whoever wants it.
0 x