Mark Durham Memorial Fund Give Away - Remaining Items Needed

In memory of Mark

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Graydon

markh
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by markh »

Looks great!

LOL - Pauls uses his chassis as a cheat-sheet too. (V T V T I S)

LOL2 - I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets tobacco-scented tubes from the sarge!

--mark h
0 x

dartanion
Extremely Active Poster!
Extremely Active Poster!

Post by dartanion »

These had a wonderful artificial PEACH aroma!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Sarge smokes some FooFoo little cigars :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x

dartanion
Extremely Active Poster!
Extremely Active Poster!

Post by dartanion »

Hey Guys,

Thanks. I don't mind doing this at all, and in fact my wife has been quite supportive of me doing this for the Durhams. She has even helped out a bit where she can.

It also gives me a break from demolishing my house :D
0 x

teletroy
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by teletroy »

When is the final list of what's being 'given away' going to be listed? I'd like to tell some people about it.
0 x

dartanion
Extremely Active Poster!
Extremely Active Poster!

Post by dartanion »

This is what we have so far:

Gabriel Voxer
Paul Ruby built EF86/Trem
S2 built 18watt Vajra (a Mark Durham design)
Wiggle built, Mark Durham tweaked JTM45
Mark Huss built 18watt classic (in progress) [edit by mh]
Ambrosia Maple 212 closed back cab (built by me)
Epi LP that has been tweaked - donated by JK
Pair of Scumback 12"ers for the 212 cab - Southbay Ampworks
Tubes for builds - Sarge, me, rjgtr, banker
Cabinets by Reason Amplification

And a whole plethora of parts from various members. Yes, we need a definitive list, but I am extremely strapped for time. Maybe someone can put this together as I do not mean to slight anyone.

Forget to mention that I would appreciated some help with shipping of the large items that I have in my possession. This would be greatly appreciated :D
0 x

billv
Poster Child

Post by billv »

Graydon has given the thumbs up for publishing the page set for the giveaway. This is on the left hand side in the Modules section. It is just now publicly viewable - anyone can get to this set of pages.

http://18watt.com/modules.php?name=Addon_Sample

This is a work in progress & I'm polishing the format, editing wording & adding photos, etc. I need to add the guitar to the grand prize amongst other things.

I'll track the official list there if that's cool with everyone.
0 x

s2
Senior Amp Tech
Senior Amp Tech

Post by s2 »

Hey guys! Sorry to have been quiet for so long, but I've been buried under Category 5 work for a couple of months now.

I have most of the parts together for the Vajra now (he used some strange stuff I don't have in stock) and will start on it as soon as I get my workshop set back up in the garage (August was so hot here, I had to move inside and set up on the dining room table--good thing I'm single). It will be finished within 2 or 3 weeks.

Dart, if you don't have that rectifier by the time I ship the amp, I'll throw one in with it. I probably have 10 or more here.

FYI, when Time Warner took over Comcast's customers in North Texas, things went really haywire with my email. I don't know exactly what happened, but it seems like they put some aggressive spam filtering in place on all IP traffic that blocked most of my inbound and a lot of my outbound messages. I also received bounce backs on most of my outbound mail with all kinds of reasons and explanations including spam, spyware, and viruses. This while all my computers are totally clean of all that stuff. I have since switched to Verizon fiber and things are back to normal now. So if you have been emailing in the past 8 weeks, odds are I did not get it.
0 x
--s2
Custom Amplifiers
Amp Parts & Accessories
www.s2amps.com
www.category5amps.com

doctornorbert
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by doctornorbert »

Does anyone need a GDS trem plexi panel for one of the builds? I have one to donate, currently installed on my amp, but in perfectly good shape. I ended up building a TMB so don't need the panel. It could go in a grab bag as well. Let me know.
0 x

LarryLarry
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by LarryLarry »

I just clicked on the Donate button for the speaker for the 18w Classic kit (not knowing what would happen next). I can donate either an 8 ohm Celestion V30, an 8 ohm Celestion G12K-100 or a 16 ohm Eminence Wizard. Someone let me know if any of these are acceptable and if so where to ship it!
0 x

markh
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by markh »

I added pictures of the plates donated by Chris S to the Mark Durham Memorial album in the Gallery.

My classic build is done, just waiting on tubes (I have random ones in there at the moment). No cabinet is available, so perhaps we can give it away as "everything but."

---mark
0 x

Graydon
Admin, Charter Member
Admin, Charter Member

Post by Graydon »

markh wrote:IMy classic build is done, just waiting on tubes (I have random ones in there at the moment). No cabinet is available, so perhaps we can give it away as "everything but."
---mark
Mark,

Do you still need tubes? I think Gabi has a couple left over that were donated.
0 x
Sincerely,
Graydon Stuckey
www.gdsamps.com
www.guytron.com

dartanion
Extremely Active Poster!
Extremely Active Poster!

Post by dartanion »

Graydon,

That's all taken care of. Check the gallery for photos of the completed build including 112 combo cab and NOS Mullards!!!!
0 x

markh
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by markh »

Oops ... :oops: Actually, the Mullard output tubes that were sent by John M. (who also donated the NIB Mullard inputs) got lost in the mail!! (:evil:) I forgot that I have a set of beater tubes in there now. What do we have in the way of a pair of outputs in the old giveaway bin?

--mark h
0 x

SouthbayAmpworks

Post by SouthbayAmpworks »

Hey, just to let you all know, the winner of the JTM 45 you guys built for the MD Memorial is coming over on Saturday morning with his amp and cab.

The plan is to go to my storage unit, drag out two 4x12's, and let him try speaker combos until he hears the type he likes. I have a few speakers in stock at the moment, so if Larry picks some that are here, he'll be instantly gratified and we'll mount them up in his cab.

If I don't, of course, I'll have to order them and he'll have them in 3-4 weeks.

Figured since we'd nailed down a time for the demo that you would like to know what was going on. I've been pretty busy lately, so I haven't checked this thread for awhile, but wanted to update it with the latest.

Jim
0 x
Southbay Ampworks - Scumback Speakers
When your guitar tone is important to your mental health.
Jim Seavall 310-833-6632
www.southbayampworks.com/speakers.html