New JTM45 ROCKS!!

General Tech Discussion - Anything amp-ish goes!

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

Plexi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Plexi »

Paul: You'll have to put up a warning before opening those pics ,better put on your sunglasses..that amp shines so bright bout put my eyes out, looks like las vegas..lol great piece of work! Only thing out of place is the fender jewel..:) And your on off thingys are out of place..
Alot of people don't like the .1 in the driver...but from your testing..seems they work fine in this amp. Also see you useing different plate resistors..
Very neat and tidy. You build this for yourself?
Richie
0 x

GlennG

Post by GlennG »

Nice Job, gorgous amp! It must rattle the rafters. What transformers are those?

Glenn
0 x

Moose

Post by Moose »

PaulRuby wrote: I just replaced it with purple, though...

Purple fender style jewels are my first choice of indicator, too.

I like the side lighting. I've been considering something like it for a logo board in plexiglass on my amps, but I was thinking of using LEDs. Never thought to use indicator lamps like that.

Post pics when it's in a head. I want to see that for sure.
0 x

Plexi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Plexi »

I just had one of the Lee jackson Ampegs in here, and it had the lit logo,and used 3 of the indicator type bulbs to light up the logo.
They used them on the old plexiglass B-15s years ago. You should be able to find a bigger chromed washer for the switches. I also like the purple,and green fender jewels..
Richie
0 x

markh
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by markh »

That looks great, Paul! I'd like to see a picture of it in a cab with the lights on.

--mark
0 x

t_racer

Post by t_racer »

I'd have to dito every positive remark. It's beautiful! I've been thinking about a build with KT66 tubes. I hope you will have some sound files some time? Is this jtm45 amp the one that Clapton is credited for getting the woman tone from? I keep thinking thats what it must sound like :roll:
0 x

t_racer

Post by t_racer »

I'd have to dito every positive remark. It's beautiful! I've been thinking about a build with KT66 tubes. I hope you will have some sound files some time? Is this jtm45 amp the one that Clapton is credited for getting the woman tone from? I keep thinking thats what it must sound like :roll:
0 x

myamp
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

jtm 45 clone

Post by myamp »

I have owned several Marshall's that were 50 watts. That's why I am buiding an 18 watt. That much power will shake the rafters no matter where you play them.

Good looking amp!!!!!!

Tom
0 x

Gabi
Senior Amp Tech
Senior Amp Tech

Post by Gabi »

Paul...

I am impressed with the face plate. What technique are you using on that one? Laser engraving?

Gabi.
0 x

G_S
Unrated

Post by G_S »

WOW! That panel is breath taking with the lights off! Superb job! Congrats!
0 x

Rich_S
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by Rich_S »

Hey, I just noticed! For the switches, the panel says "down" in on, but the little switch-plate doodads say "up" is on.
0 x
La, la, laaaa... la-la, la, la!

Rich Stevens

See the 2-Tone Blue Mutant 13 Watter!