Would this work on a VJ?

General Tech Discussion - Anything amp-ish goes!

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

teejoo
Unrated

Would this work on a VJ?

Post by teejoo »

Hi all, newbie here so be gentle 8)

I've been wanting to gig with my VJ combo, but since we play pretty loud rock it has nowhere near enough power.

Can I use this: http://www.diyguitarist.com/GuitarAmps/LineOutBox.htm
safely on my VJ to slave it into another amp?

Do the resistors seem right?

Help is greatly appreciated.
0 x

Mooreamps
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by Mooreamps »

You know, this stuff ain't rocket science. I'm sure this configuration would work OK. I've seen about a half dozen different line out circuits, all different than my own. This circuit should be ok for what you want it for.

-g
0 x

zaphod_phil
Builder, Admin
Builder, Admin

Post by zaphod_phil »

Just make sure you always have a speaker plugged into the ouput, so your amp doesn't end up toasted.
0 x
Nature abhors a clean tube amp

Bluesmechanic
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by Bluesmechanic »

Mooreamps wrote:You know, this stuff ain't rocket science. I'm sure this configuration would work OK. I've seen about a half dozen different line out circuits, all different than my own. This circuit should be ok for what you want it for.

-g
Down boy, Down boy, It may not be rocket science to you, but to someone without an electronics background it could seem a bit confusing.
BTW, How are you at "Heart Surgery"? :)
0 x

Manoteal

Line out

Post by Manoteal »

If you don't want to use the speaker when you are doing the line out, add a 10 watt resistor from one of the outputs to common. The value of the resistor is what you can find that is closest to 4,8, or 16 ohms. A 10 watt, 10 ohm resistor will be fine for the VJ. Plug it into the 8 ohm output. It is close enough and you can find these at Rat Shack.Then make the line out the same way as your link.
M
0 x
"Tone is Subjective"