Dear Dr. Phil... P1ex Question.

General Tech Discussion - Anything amp-ish goes!

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

koffee_iv

Dear Dr. Phil... P1ex Question.

Post by koffee_iv »

When I first turn the amp on it does not sound as good as it used to, then it's gets worse within 5-10 min. It gets a real "distorted" distortion and then starts fading out. Thats when I shut it off. The PT is quite warm at that point as well. This just started. I have a guess as to what the problem is but I thought I'd get confirmation.
0 x
"A morning without coffee is like...sleep." Exactly my point. Why waste a morning by neglecting your coffee?

koffee_iv

loyjdockery
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by loyjdockery »

I'm not sure about the PT being warm, but I had an issue with nasty distortion and fading volume and it was a grounding issue. I thought I'd leave out the non-parallel input jack on the Lite IIB and leave pin 7 open instead of grounded. That was a bad idea.

With that said, I've never done anything with a P1ex and I didn't check my PT to see if it got warm.

Good Luck.
0 x
Loy Dockery
Dockery Amps
http://www.dockeryamps.com

zaphod_phil
Builder, Admin
Builder, Admin

Post by zaphod_phil »

AX84.com is the correct place to post P1eX questions. There's even some guy over there who pretends he's me and helps with questions about this particular amp. :) BTW if the PT is heating up , the there's probably something going wrong in the power amp. Measuring voltages will probably tell.
0 x
Nature abhors a clean tube amp

koffee_iv

Post by koffee_iv »

Ok, thank you.
0 x
"A morning without coffee is like...sleep." Exactly my point. Why waste a morning by neglecting your coffee?

koffee_iv