Valve Junior Price And Availability?

General Tech Discussion - Anything amp-ish goes!

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

Hiwatt25
Unrated

Valve Junior Price And Availability?

Post by Hiwatt25 »

I've been reading about the VJ and associated mods for a while now and finally decided to buy one. I've often read that the head version is $99 but went online this morning to find that no one seems to have them in stock AND they are $129.

Now 30 bucks isn't a big difference except when you realized it's 30% more than I was expecting it to be. :D

Does anyone know if epiphone has changed or is planning to change the VJ? Could this account for the change in price and explain why there are none available?

Just curious as I've never modded an amp before and don't know too much about the VJ legacy.

Thanks.
0 x

Manoteal

VJ blues

Post by Manoteal »

The amp has become extremely popular and the market has driven the price up. It is just a matter of supply and demand. I don't think Epiphone has any plans to change what is working for them. Yes, it is a big price adjustment, but as long as there are buyers, it is a seller's market. Check out eBay and see if you can snap one up that someone got tired of.
M
0 x
"Tone is Subjective"

Geek
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by Geek »

Hi,

Keep an eye open for sales. Toews Music in Abbotsford, BC was selling them a few months back for $89 CAD. Last week they were $139. I've seen them as low as $79 in Tom Lee for Boxing Day.

Father's Day is the next big sale day I would think a great time to hit music/geeky/hardware stores ;)

Cheers!
0 x
Gregg