Crossroads Guitar Festival and 65 Amps

The place to discuss 18W-related ampfests, get-togethers, gigs, etc. These should be of interest specifically to 18watt.com members.

Moderators: JMPGuitars, zaphod_phil, CurtissRobin, rock_mumbles

tubetwang
Verbose poster
Verbose poster

Post by tubetwang »

Yup! 8) 65amp right there focused on display...
As a side note...the amp i built for Steve Windwood was stashed behind the Leslie, for no one to see...bummer... :roll:

EAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

A great shoe!!
A great line-up!!
And well done!!

I truly enjoyed every moment!

Clapton has a good heart...i appreciate his soul and social work...

A good man. :idea:

Get the Rhino DVD... :roll:
0 x

rjgtr
Builder, Admin
Builder, Admin

Post by rjgtr »

tubetwang,

So was Steve using that amp or the horrible Fender Cyber-thing he's been seen with so often lately?
0 x

tubetwang
Verbose poster
Verbose poster

Post by tubetwang »

rjgtr, Greg Koch plays a mean CyberTwin...8)

I'm too amp conservative and set in my old fart purist ways to look them up, and surprised...also...to notice that nobody seems to be interested in a CyberTwin clone...:roll:

Hard to find parts?
0 x

pjb
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by pjb »

tubetwang wrote:Yup! 8) 65amp right there focused on display...
As a side note...the amp i built for Steve Windwood was stashed behind the Leslie, for no one to see...bummer... :roll:

EAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

A great shoe!!
A great line-up!!
And well done!!

I truly enjoyed every moment!

Clapton has a good heart...i appreciate his soul and social work...

A good man. :idea:

Get the Rhino DVD... :roll:
You mean Steve Winwood?
-Paul
0 x

tubetwang
Verbose poster
Verbose poster

Post by tubetwang »

sorry for the confusion PJB...i get carried away... :oops: jumping from one subject to another...

I was just reflecting on the fact that old Eric has been in pain, as we all have, and acted on opening a center to help his fellow humans.

Noble dude!

A matter of attitude...
0 x

pjb
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by pjb »

tubetwang wrote:sorry for the confusion PJB...i get carried away... :oops: jumping from one subject to another...

I was just reflecting on the fact that old Eric has been in pain, as we all have, and acted on opening a center to help his fellow humans.

Noble dude!

A matter of attitude...
I never cared for him for a long while and I think he's overrated as a guitar player, just my personal opinion of course. I still don't forgive him for wearing short pants onstage, British blues royalty an all that... should have more self respect... again just my opinion of course. But without a doubt he is incredibly important and has given us the opportunity to be who we are as players, and he has a good heart... I like him as a person. I wish Steve Winwood, along with the likes of Ray Davis, Eric Burdon, even Jeff, had recognition on the same domestic scale as Eric... but that's our fault I suppose. But then when did you last see Jeff or any of those guys turn up in shorts?
-Paul[/i]
0 x

tubetwang
Verbose poster
Verbose poster

Post by tubetwang »

Hey man i wear shorts all the time...well...not in the winter but...we've got snow here right now... :lol: :roll: :oops: 8)
0 x

pjb
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by pjb »

tubetwang wrote:Hey man i wear shorts all the time...well...not in the winter but...we've got snow here right now... :lol: :roll: :oops: 8)
Dude you'd have to have legs like Marilyn Monroe, rain or shine, for me to get onboard with the idea.

The stage is a privileged place for us to frequent... maybe I'm a bit old fashioned
-Paul
0 x