New amp line from Reason

The place to discuss 18W-related ampfests, get-togethers, gigs, etc. These should be of interest specifically to 18watt.com members.

Moderators: JMPGuitars, zaphod_phil, CurtissRobin, rock_mumbles

Reason
Site Admin
Site Admin

New amp line from Reason

Post by Reason »

Hi all,

Just a quick note to let you guys know that we've updated our site to show off our new amp line. Check it out here: http://www.reasonamps.com

Some new comers here may not know me, but I owe a great debt of gratitude to the old guard- you know who you are. Many thanks for the support I have received over the years from the 18watt community!
0 x
Anthony Bonadio
Reason Amplifier Company
www.reasonamps.com
Stage Craft Cabinets
www.stagecraftgear.com

tarzanalog
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by tarzanalog »

Anthony,

I really dig the website redesign. The volume-knob-as-loading-bar is one of those why-didn't-I-think-of-that?!? things. The sound clips rig chooser RaWks also! Cool site. Cool amps.
0 x

LeeMo
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by LeeMo »

congrats :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Anthony,
Looks great! I like your cab designs. I'll be waiting t hear great things about your line.

LeeMo
0 x

zaphod_phil
Builder, Admin
Builder, Admin

Post by zaphod_phil »

I like the tone of the Stacked mode clips. :D But when are you guys going to do an 18W version...??
0 x
Nature abhors a clean tube amp

tubetwang
Verbose poster
Verbose poster

Post by tubetwang »

zaphod_phil wrote:I like the tone of the Stacked mode clips. :D But when are you guys going to do an 18W version...??
Huh? 8O
Reason shoots a self-serving free-advertised-non-related 18W-post-caper, and only gets a slap on the wrist?? :roll: 8O :roll: 8O :roll:

Where's the moderator when we need him???? :roll: :oops: :roll:

18W is going down the drain...again... :cry:
0 x

Reason
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Reason »

zaphod_phil wrote:I like the tone of the Stacked mode clips. :D But when are you guys going to do an 18W version...??
It's done. It's called the SM20. It is the same circuit as the SM40, but with 2 EL84's.

tubetwang wrote:
Huh? 8O
Reason shoots a self-serving free-advertised-non-related 18W-post-caper, and only gets a slap on the wrist?? :roll: 8O :roll: 8O :roll:

Where's the moderator when we need him???? :roll: :oops: :roll:

18W is going down the drain...again... :cry:
I know that is tongue in cheek, but my primary reason for the post was to thank those members of the 18watt community for all they did in helping us get to this point.
0 x
Anthony Bonadio
Reason Amplifier Company
www.reasonamps.com
Stage Craft Cabinets
www.stagecraftgear.com

Graydon
Admin, Charter Member
Admin, Charter Member

Post by Graydon »

I will add that we extend some latitude to the moderators since they contribute so much to the operation of the 18watt site.

Congrats Anthony. I hope you do well.
0 x
Sincerely,
Graydon Stuckey
www.gdsamps.com
www.guytron.com

ace139
Unrated

Post by ace139 »

Can't remember what head it was but I played one at Killer Vintage in St. Louis and it KILLED !! congrats
0 x

morcey2
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by morcey2 »

Anthony,

Looks good! (even though I hate flash websites. volume knob is awesome). The real question:
When are Rhyme cabinets going to be available? I don't know if I'd ever buy an amp from you, but I would be all over the the cabs when you start selling them.

Matt.
0 x

Reason
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Reason »

ace139 wrote:Can't remember what head it was but I played one at Killer Vintage in St. Louis and it KILLED !! congrats
Hey, a local! Have we met? Sometimes I have a hard time putting Screen names with real names.

Well, glad you liked the amp. Our protos are down there at Killer Vintage, but we should have some production stock there soon. Feel free to email me directly if you have any questions.
0 x
Anthony Bonadio
Reason Amplifier Company
www.reasonamps.com
Stage Craft Cabinets
www.stagecraftgear.com

Reason
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Reason »

morcey2 wrote:Anthony,
Looks good! (even though I hate flash websites. volume knob is awesome). .
Matt,

Thanks for the compliments on the site- I had nothing to do with it :D Actually, I put a post here some time ago asking if anyone with web skills wanted to trade gear for a web site. I took the first offer and go mucho lucky!
morcey2 wrote: The real question:
When are Rhyme cabinets going to be available? I don't know if I'd ever buy an amp from you, but I would be all over the the cabs when you start selling them.
Matt.
Well, we never stopped selling cabinets, though obviously we have no web presence in the cabinet dept. Drop me a note and we can get something going for you. New cabinet site coming soon- a partnership with another 18watter to bring a complete line of amp building products!

Best,
0 x
Anthony Bonadio
Reason Amplifier Company
www.reasonamps.com
Stage Craft Cabinets
www.stagecraftgear.com

Paultergeist

Post by Paultergeist »

Congrats, Anthony!

The new website looks very cool!

I am relieved to hear that you'll still be involved in cabinets, as I have already purchased two from you, and -- assuming I don't accidentally burn the house down -- I expect to need another soon!

Best of luck with the new amp line!

Paul Shanahan
0 x

loyjdockery
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by loyjdockery »

Best of luck to you!!! I've only heard great things about your cabs and am excited to see how your amplifier line turns out.

Just a quick feedback on your website. Long loading times and videos tend to turn people away quickly (even they have broadband). I'd suggest putting more detailed text information that's easy to see when you mouse over the amp. Or possibly linking to another product page which again is relatively easy to get to. Other than that, it looks absolutely great! (I really don't mean to pick on you, I'm just trying to help)

To bad there is not a clapping smiley face, because that's what I'd put here for you.
0 x
Loy Dockery
Dockery Amps
http://www.dockeryamps.com

TDuly
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by TDuly »

So is the "proprietary" stackmode something besides jumped input channels or some other well worn tube amp channel cascade scenario? You know, something really revolutionary that would make it truly prorietary or did you mean more of the registered trademark or copyright use of proprietary rather than the patent pending use of the word?
0 x

Reason
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Reason »

TDuly wrote:So is the "proprietary" stackmode something besides jumped input channels or some other well worn tube amp channel cascade scenario? You know, something really revolutionary that would make it truly prorietary or did you mean more of the registered trademark or copyright use of proprietary rather than the patent pending use of the word?
Well, it's a new amp. It sounds good and has a feature that everyone who has played it has found useful. We haven't seen anything like it in an existing amp - so we called it "proprietary" on our website.

Jumpering channels puts them in parallel, StackMode arranges the channels in series. Plenty of amps put gain stages in series, but StackMode uses the respective gain stages from the two independent channels to create a third sound/channel. The sonic possibilities are greatly expanded because you retain control over each gain stage individually (via the channel volume control, tone control, etc.) as opposed to only being able to control the gain stages collectively.

I should point out that we didn't use the term "revolutionary" but we think the term proprietary fits. So whats with the attitude?
0 x
Anthony Bonadio
Reason Amplifier Company
www.reasonamps.com
Stage Craft Cabinets
www.stagecraftgear.com

zaphod_phil
Builder, Admin
Builder, Admin

Post by zaphod_phil »

Reason wrote: Jumpering channels puts them in parallel, StackMode arranges the channels in series. Plenty of amps put gain stages in series, but StackMode uses the respective gain stages from the two independent channels to create a third sound/channel. The sonic possibilities are greatly expanded because you retain control over each gain stage individually (via the channel volume control, tone control, etc.) as opposed to only being able to control the gain stages collectively.
This sounds very similar to the way some folks put the two channels of an 18W TMB amp into cascade, with a switch to allow independent or cascaded operation. Still "stacked mode" sounds like a cool kind of name to describe it.
0 x
Nature abhors a clean tube amp

mattbrew0
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by mattbrew0 »

:) Anthony,
sounds great . killer vintage, i have'nt been there for a while. i'll have to stop by and try it out. congrats on a job well done., matt
0 x

brownnote
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by brownnote »

I've played the amps are they're badass.
The fundemantal difference in the Stack Mode concept as I understand it, is the fact that unlike standard series gain stages, there is a tone network between the gain stages..meaning the volume and tone controls of the independent channels, become something like:
gainstage1>tone1>gainstage2>tone2>master vol>etc. of the "stacked" mode, giving you different tone shaping possibilities than you normally see.
0 x
Remember kids...Always adjust for minimum smoke!

geekmacdaddy
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by geekmacdaddy »

I got to play the Reason amps extensively at NAMM. Wow. Anthony, you and Obeid are "insta contenders" with your amps. You know I like a rock amp compared to a "smooth" amp, and you know who you smoothies are :lol:. I had to come to your booth a number of times for much needed relief. The amps left me wishing that I owned one. You guys came up with some winners! Best of luck in carving your niche.
0 x