My 18 Watt "Zoso" Project

18watt-specific Tech Talk - Building, Fixing, Parts, Mods...

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

tedm

blues advice

Post by tedm »

well any blues man (or woman) knows 12" is better than 10". Now we blues men don't even think bout no 2 10's, silly city boy ;)

i'm sittin here with my unfinished mahogony guitar
ain't got no money to paint it
the toilet's on the front porch
something's gettin' laid in the bathroom
and it ain't no linoleum

(an unpublised Robert Johnson tune...)
0 x

zaphod_phil
Builder, Admin
Builder, Admin

Re: interesting thread!

Post by zaphod_phil »

tedm wrote: To me, blues are Robert Johnson and poor folks who will play though any amp they can get their hands on and lug around. I think the electric guys, SRV, Led Zep, EC etc. have influences from the blues, but I don't see them as originators or creators of the blues. The blues are a lifestyle, maybe more than a musical style.
Sure, few of the creators of the blues are still alive. These 2nd and 3rd generation guys were inspired by them and have also helped their memory and music to live on. And I love the story of Albert Collin's first 'guitar', a wooden box with some kind of a plank on it for a neck. Somehow he managed to get a tune out of it. He always played in open G tuning, because that was what he had on his first real guitar and so that was what he became used to. It all makes the blues snobs seem so ridiculous and superficial.

I wonder if Albert Collins ever got to try a Marshall 18Watter while he was alive....
0 x