New 36 Watt EF86 Build Chassis and Transformers

Double-Bubble! Place for discussing the 36W version...

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

jim911

New 36 Watt EF86 Build Chassis and Transformers

Post by jim911 »

Hello....I am in the planning stages of a 36watt EF86 build and am looking for some insite into the Chassis/transformer combinations. I have enjoyed a classic 18watt build that used GDS transformers, chassis and faceplates for several years now and if possible would like to use Graydon"s 36 watt trannies for this next build. Unfortunately GDS doesn't currently have a chassis specific for 4 EL84's and a GZ34 rectifier (like the Ceriatone 36 watt EF86 layout) although Graydion has graciously advised on other ways to skin the cat with a modified 18 watt chassis. I have also considered Ceriatones chassis and transformers but shipping expense raises the price which in tight times is a consideration. So a few questions 1) does anybody know if the GDS transformers will fit into Nik's 36 watt chassis? 2) are their others building a 36watt combo chassis (preferably drilled) that may be an option 3) has anyone used trhe GDS 18 watt chassis to build a 36 watt EF86 (Ceriatone layout) and if so what are the pitfalls (if any) 4) other suggestions or options I should be considering. I appreciate any feedback or suggestions that you may have. Regards
0 x