Shinrock Transformer Deliveries??

Double-Bubble! Place for discussing the 36W version...

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

Standard2

Shinrock Transformer Deliveries??

Post by Standard2 »

I have tried many ways to get the man to honor his order taking for his product.

I fully paid for a set of 36 watt transformers in April of last year.

He has said that the order was shipped, TWICE.... I have not as yet recieved anything from him.

I am totally fed up with the delays, and am on my last go round with my health. It is VERY important to me that a last project be finished before I check out.

This is my last effort at building amps, as my partner who was doing this with me has died, and I am on my way out as well.

It is SO frustrating to be on a fixed income, and have this type of thing happen at the end of ones life.My dreams of playing thru this amp are now just about finished.
I cannot afford to spend any more on replacement transformers for this. so unless someone here helps me to get what I have paid for, and been told twice now that the order has been shipped,.. I will pass without another part of my dreams fulfilled.

Life is never fair, and only when we leave do we realize it was all for nothing.
0 x

zaphod_phil
Builder, Admin
Builder, Admin

Post by zaphod_phil »

AFAIK there isn't anyone on this board with any direct connection to Ingo. Wannatone, who used to post here some time ago, was acting as a dealer for Shinrock for a little while. We haven't had any posts from wannatone for a long time now. I spoke to Ingo on the phone one or two times, a couple or so years ago, but I no longer have his number. I could try e-mailing him myself, but I have no idea if he's reading e-mails at all, while his daughter's hovering between life and death in hospital... :?

I will also try to clarify Ingo's position as I understand it to be:
- AFAIK Ingo has been winding transformers for a good many years longer than I've been building amps. He always had a reputation in the DIY community as a good guy - at least until now.
- He builds and sells transformers purely as a hobby. He also has a day job, which is one that demands a high degree of integrity and trust.
- He has always struggled with the administration side of his business/hobby, and with his daughter's current health problems, that side appears to have completely fallen apart. I'm sure he's shipped someone's 36W transformers, on two occasions, but clearly not yours. :(
- When I talked to him on the 'phone back then, he was panicking over the increased interest in his 18W transformers following the OT shootout, and asking my advice on how to ensure everyone got their goods delivered, without problems of the kind we're now discussing here. He came across as very genuine in his concerns.
- His hobby is extremely labor-intensive and time consuming. Building the transformers is just a small part of it. He buys original materials from the UK, from a dwindling number of sources, who are less and less interested in supplying a small operation like Shinrock. Ingo was struggling with how to do all the work, while also keeping up with the e-mail enquiries at the same time. In his words, the more e-mails he answered the less transformers got built.
- My advice was to double the price, to help reduce demand - he clearly wasn't making any money on what he was charging at the time. Then hire someone to help out with the work.
- I don't know if he changed his prices, but he did hire someone. This person destroyed an entire batch of transformers by baking them to charcoal with an oven temperature that was too high. This was of course a catastrophic loss and he had to let the guy go.
- I lost track pretty much of what's been happening after that, until this latest issue with Ingo's daughter's health.

Personally, I am convinced that he's not a crook, but like I said his business administration is a disaster.
0 x
Nature abhors a clean tube amp

Wannatone
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by Wannatone »

zaphod_phil wrote:AFAIK there isn't anyone on this board with any direct connection to Ingo. Wannatone, who used to post here some time ago, was acting as a dealer for Shinrock for a little while.
Phil, just to keep things straight.

I've never been affiliated with Shinrock. About three years ago, my brother took care of Ingo's sales, but that was just for a few weeks.

You might find some old threads from around that time, when I was voluntarily helping to sort out some old orders though.
zaphod_phil wrote: Personally, I am convinced that he's not a crook.
I agree with you.
0 x

Ingo
Transformer Guru

Re: Does anyone here have any influence on Ingo at Shinrock?

Post by Ingo »

Standard2 wrote:I have tried many ways to get the man to honor his order taking for his product.

I fully paid for a set of 36 watt transformers in April of last year.

He has said that the order was shipped, TWICE.... I have not as yet recieved anything from him.

I am totally fed up with the delays, and am on my last go round with my health. It is VERY important to me that a last project be finished before I check out.

This is my last effort at building amps, as my partner who was doing this with me has died, and I am on my way out as well.

It is SO frustrating to be on a fixed income, and have this type of thing happen at the end of ones life.My dreams of playing thru this amp are now just about finished.
I cannot afford to spend any more on replacement transformers for this. so unless someone here helps me to get what I have paid for, and been told twice now that the order has been shipped,.. I will pass without another part of my dreams fulfilled.

Life is never fair, and only when we leave do we realize it was all for nothing.
Hello

I have give you an answer before christmas, the 19th of December, shortly after I have send the items. Delievery time for the standard shippings with the German Post to the US are 4-6 weeks.

Kind regards
Ingo
0 x

dimitris
Unrated

Post by dimitris »

Hi Ingo,I have tried to email you a few times about an order i made mid summer of 2007.Last time was a week ago and i used the email address of your profile.Please can you contact me about the status of my order.
Thanks
Dimitris
0 x

Chubsman
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by Chubsman »

Mid summer of 2007!!!! Mother of GOD.. 2 years wait for a transformer?? I know people say they sound great... but c'mon... If the man does not have time to build these things (I am aware of the tragedy in his recent life, and hope it never happens to me...) stop sending orders...

I feel like Ingo is good to a fault... where he cannot say no and it makes him look bad...

Buy heyboers or GDS or find some real Radio Spares on ebay... I reather listen to some so so Heyboers for 2 years... than wait 2 years for the best trannies on earth...

I dare anyone to ID an OT in a blind test... ... .... .... 2 years!!!
0 x

dimitris
Unrated

Post by dimitris »

Hi Chubsman.Actually i bought one transformer from GDS and finished the amp one year ago.After my previous post i got an answer from Ingo and I know that i will receive the transformer pretty soon.
0 x

echuta13
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by echuta13 »

I may be a little naive on this subject but, it seems to me that the easiest way to eliminate this supply/demand issue is to do the builds and offer them up on the website rather than take orders on them. Kind of a first come, first serve ideology. :?
0 x

Chubsman
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by Chubsman »

That is how Marstran does it and that works like gold...
0 x

Standard2

Post by Standard2 »

After giving Ingo plenty of leeway and also having been told by him four times now that my trannies have been shipped, again with this last posting by him on Jan 9th of this year, he stated that they were shipped in Dec.2008 and would be 4-6 weeks in transit, it is now approaching the end of Feb 2009 and still no package from him, or any offer of tracking numbers etc, I have turned his name and contact info as well as the on-going stories from him, over to the German Police, and thru the American Embassy in Frankfort have just received a reply from them with a list of attorneys in the area if I wish to pursue prosecution.
I do not wish to make anyone's life any harder than it already is, but I do not have a whole lot of time left and wish to finish this amp with the trannies I have already paid for.That being the case,

I just wish it had not come to this. I realize it might seem a little petty to some here, but it really has become a matter of principle now, and being a reasonable person if I had not been told over and over again that the goods were on the way, I might have just let it go. I cannot afford any more $ being unemployed like 1/2 the country, so after this amp is finished, it will most likely get sold to pay bills.
By the way, I fully paid for the set in April of 2006 meaning it is now almost 3 years of lies from this guy.

I am a little bitter about it all, I guess anyone can tell that without reading too much, and it is mainly because I ordered the goods from him with what I thought was plenty of time to finish the amp with my friend who passed away in August of 2006. We had visions of a great sounding amp coming from our efforts, and I really wish it could have happened.
0 x

Standard2

Post by Standard2 »

After almost three years of waiting, and after a threat of prosecution, Ingo finally sent me back my money.

I do appreciate that, and immediately ordered some iron from GDS.

I really did want the shinrock trannies, and I do not understand why he chose not to complete my order???

My life was sort of a parallel to his tho in that it was totally falling apart at the seams during the last three years. I, however , did not have a daughter diagnosed with cancer. I did have a dear friend die from it, and my health is shaky at best.

I do have much sympathy for him, and after all this time and frustration in getting his product, I do wish him well.

Sorry it took so long for this to play out, and I will be finishing my amp and selling it as I am out of work and in danger of losing everything.
I desperately need the money and any chance at keeping this amp is just a dream.

S
0 x