MIA Nano 199 Recovered!

The place to discuss 18W-related ampfests, get-togethers, gigs, etc. These should be of interest specifically to 18watt.com members.

Moderators: JMPGuitars, CurtissRobin, zaphod_phil, rock_mumbles

cGil
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

MIA Nano 199 Recovered!

Post by cGil »

{edited 11/10/09}

Subject title changed from "Nano 199 Stolen! ZVex saves day w/Nano 709"
to "MIA Nano 199 Recovered!"

See new post below
{end of edit}

Please forgive the off-topic post. The following is only relevant cuz it happened to an 18watt forum member (me!), and I'm here to ask other forum members to be on the lookout for a hot amp.

originally posted on ZVex.com. :

>
>

First off, I'd like to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to the entire ZVex crew who saved my day by sending me Nano #709.

This story actually began after I sent my old Nano #199 in for servicing and a fan upgrade and it was on it's way home. FedEx goofed big time when they arbitrarily chose to dump my Nano at the wrong address, an empty condo unit up for sale. My amp was long gone by the time anyone realized what happened a few days later, and FedEx wasn't able to recover the shipment.

Therefore, Nano #199 should now be considered hot stolen property. If you see this Nano on fleabay or in some pawn shop, please report it so the bad karma generated can finally take it's due course, and hopefully even things out for all who were hurt by such an evil act.

Again, a BIG thanks to ZVex. You are definitely the Good Karma guys in my book. :thumbsup:

Gil...

cc's: posted on Wattkins.com and 18watt.com amp building forums

>
>
Last edited by cGil on Tue 11/10/09 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

StarGeezers
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by StarGeezers »

cGil, Check with your neighbors ... A friend once loaned me his condo there, I left him a gift of Art (series of etchings), when he got there they were GONE ... 8O Later a lady called me asking about that series and how much they were worth :twisted: That was before caller ID , or I'd have reported her to the local gendarmes.. 500 USD down the drain ... AARGH !!!
0 x

cGil
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by cGil »

Oh yeah, I checked, and you can bet your sweet bippy I got the word out. :wink:

My local mailman had dropped in right about the time I was going postal over the discovery of where FedEx dumped my amp. So he followed me next door to the condo to check things out (it was his next delivery stop). If it's in the neighborhood, sooner or later, the mailman will know. Those guys seem to know what everyone's up to!

Anyway, I've also talked to the condo manager and maintenance folks, as well as a few tenants and even the real estate agent that's handling the unit. Called her first when I saw her realtor-key-lock hanging from the doorknob of the condo unit.

Nobody knows nuttin! Arrrgh.

Anyway, I've got the new Nano powered up and doing the burn-in thing. Oughta be worth playing in a couple more days when the caps are properly formed. :lol:

Gil...
0 x

StarGeezers
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by StarGeezers »

All's well that forms well !!! :lol:
0 x

cGil
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by cGil »

Nano 199 is no longer MIA, and no longer considered hot stolen property! It's finally home again, right where it oughta be. Thumbs Up

The condo manager called and sez they found the box I was looking for. Seems the new owner of the condo unit found it, took it home (they don't live there) and decided (after a month) that it wasn't theirs! Shocked Good for them! And me! Cuz I got my Nano 199 back! Yippie!

ZVex and FedEx have both been notified and both told me keep my 199 and send the replacement back to ZVex. Nuh uh. No way! It's nice and shiny and all burned in and sounding too good. I like it. I'm keeping that one, too. Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing Laughing I told ZVex I'm buying their replacement Nano 709, so now I'll have two primo beach amps rocking the house with stereo effects whenever those nasty hurricanes knock out the power. Muuuhahahaha! Twisted Evil

Yes, I'm sick, and there is no cure. And I like it! Cool

Gil...

cc: Watkins Forums
0 x

morcey2
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by morcey2 »

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: jawdrop

Belated honesty is better than dishonesty! Glad it found its way home.

Matt
0 x

cGil
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by cGil »

Makes me wonder if somebody saw my Nano Stolen posts. Still, it was a good thing for a reformed Nano snatcher to do, and as always, good karma must be kept flowing forward. Hopefully, it'll survive to come full circle and brighten the reformed Nano snatcher's day, too. :wink:

Gil...
0 x