The right cab for my new 36w RP?

Double-Bubble! Place for discussing the 36W version...

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

bobf
Unrated

The right cab for my new 36w RP?

Post by bobf »

Hi there. I have a Ceriatone 18watt TMB with a 25w Greenback. I love it so much I bought a 36W RP. I am now trying to find the right cab that will give me the best sound

From what i can tell, a 2x12 with two 25 speakers (say, Green Berets) and wired for 16 ohms is a good way to go.

Any comments, suggestions? Thanks
0 x
(CCR) Canadian Classic Rocker

krx
Verbose poster
Verbose poster

Post by krx »

If you like the Greenback, then you'll like 2 of them twice as much, right? :) Also, that's kind of a tough one to pair with a different speaker because it is a good bit less efficient than most other British speakers.
0 x

bobf
Unrated

Thanks

Post by bobf »

One poster suggested a Greenback paired with a Celestion GH1230 to give "The Tone". What do you think of that idea?
0 x

krx
Verbose poster
Verbose poster

Re: Thanks

Post by krx »

bobf wrote:One poster suggested a Greenback paired with a Celestion GH1230 to give "The Tone". What do you think of that idea?
A G12H30 is 3 or 4 dB louder than a Greenback, which is a lot, so you'll mostly be hearing the G12H30 if you pair them up. The G12H30 plus Vintage 30 is a very popular combination, however.

You might also want to consider a single speaker for your 36W. In the general Greenback/G12H30 area all of the following could be good choices:

Warehouse Reaper HP - 50W G12H30, warmer, smoother
Eminence Legend GB128 - 50W Greenback, similar to the original
Eminence Private Jack - very similar to the last one
Eminence Wizard - 75W G12H30
0 x

bobf
Unrated

Thanks KRX

Post by bobf »

I really appreciate your knowlegable tips on this. You've given me much to think about.
0 x

krx
Verbose poster
Verbose poster

Post by krx »

Excellent. You should be able to find more info on most of those speakers using the search tool here.
0 x