convert epi valve Jr ext cab into a combo?

Seeing and hearing is believing

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

big-daddy-59
Unrated

convert epi valve Jr ext cab into a combo?

Post by big-daddy-59 »

hi first time poster
my question is would the epi vavle jr. ext cab be large enough to convert into a combo with a scratch built Lite II or maybe Superlite circuit using one of stingray's PCB's. At $160 i think getting a decent speaker and a cabinet, even if I have to recover it, would be a good deal.
thanks in advance, I've already learned so much just lurking here I think I might be able to pull this hand built amp thing off.
0 x

CurtissRobin
Senior Amp Tech
Senior Amp Tech

Post by CurtissRobin »

Others may differ but I think it's more trouble than it's worth to convert an extension cab into a combo. It'd be better to sell it and buy a donor combo.

KennyO
0 x

chabby
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by chabby »

I used it for a tweed deluxe I built and it fir perfect - I'll see if I can find an old picture of it.
Obviously its the one on the top - I later built a beautifull mahogany dovetail jointed cabinet for it. The can now serves as my in house speaker I use for all sorts of things.
0 x

chabby
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by chabby »

Here's some other pictures too - if I find any more that will help I'll post.
This is the chassis style you want - don't get the long box one - this one is more compact
Here's the cut-out for the control panel

I also lowered the speaker if I remember right so it would clear the chassis
0 x

stevesuk
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by stevesuk »

I converted an Epi extension cab into a combo.
Remove the front panel (6 screws from the inside) and then seperate the top panel from the grill panel.
Cut the top panels and rout, cover in vinyl of choice.
Fix upside down head. Turn the back panel upside down, even the screw holes line up !!
Turn the epi jack panel over and you have a superbly built, ready 'tolexed' combo 8)

I have changed the speaker for a G12M and will sell the Eminence Lady Luck on Fleabay for whatever.
Even at UK rip off prices £109 for the extension cab with a speaker, still a bargain.

Steve UK
www.valvepower.co.uk
0 x