UK Cab builder wanted

Seeing and hearing is believing

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

plook

UK Cab builder wanted

Post by plook »

Can anyone recommend a good UK cab builder?
0 x

Spongebob

Re: UK Cab builder wanted

Post by Spongebob »

plook wrote:Can anyone recommend a good UK cab builder?
You probably won't find a better one than 18watt member Chris U. He's based in Norfolk UK. www.englishvalveamps.co.uk He makes the best cabs I've seen.
Spongebob
0 x

guitarmike2107
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by guitarmike2107 »

+1

He also supplies all the cabs that Barry sells (Ampmaker).

There are others, though Chris may point you in there direction if he cant help. Depends on what you want really!

Mike
0 x

AlunAmpUk

Post by AlunAmpUk »

+1 for Chris - I have bought a 2x12 cab and 4 different head cabs from him - all very nicely built and finished - he delivers on time with no fuss or hassle - he will also adjust his standard sizes to suit any needs that you have. Very good products and service.
(and no, I am not related or involved in his business in any way - just a happy customer)
0 x

tazwolf
Unrated

Post by tazwolf »

I bought a head cab from Chris last year and i've just placed an order for another one. Definately recommended.
0 x

John_A
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by John_A »

Bought three cabs from Chris now, and cab number 4 will be from him too. Top quality and very reasonably priced. He's quick too!
0 x

ChrisU
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by ChrisU »

Thanks to all for your comments on my cabs. I thought I had better mention that I have a 3 week waiting list now so please bear this in mind if you want to order.
I recently added another 1x 12 cabinet to my range. It's a blatant copy of an obsolete Marshall tall cabinet that was, as far as I can gather, made to go with the Lead and Bass 20. It's a closed back front ported design and offers something different to the 2x12 angled design usually associated with this amp. Pics here http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v173/ ... orted1.jpg
0 x